Monday, December 18, 2017

Stampin' Up! Beachy Little Christmas

When we returned home from Disney yesterday, our son told me that our housekeeper needed another gift box so I made this one for her today. I mean I really made it for her and then she can re-gift it!



I also am choosing to enter it in the Tic Tac Toe #028 Challenge by Claire Broadwater. I chose the line straight across the top...turquoise, holiday and sequins.


I cut a mat 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" of DSP from Quilted Christmas. I stamped the tree in Versa Mark on a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White and heat embossed it in gold. I colored the decorations on the tree with Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Crushed Curry and Pink Pirouette markers. The pail dots were done in Marina Mist. The shells were stamped with Versa Mark and heat embossed in copper. The sentiment was also heat embossed with red glitter embossing powder. I added sequins from the Frosted collection, which are retired. Unfortunately, the iPhone camera does not do the tree justice.

I will be putting a check inside the box and to make it prettier, I will put this on top of it...
The beach house and palm trees are leaning because of Irma! I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen to color them. I used High Tide stamps for the beach, greenery and ocean. The sky is just scribbled in with a Pacific Point watercolor pencil. 

I love these stamp sets and hope you like my decorated mini pizza box.

Thanks for looking!



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift Karen. She will love it. So glad you could join us at What Will You Stamp this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lou. I thank you for stopping by and so glad this was the stamp set for the weekly challenge!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love the Irma lean of your card! Thanks for playing with us this week at WWYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true is this? I love the beach and this card is so much fun! I love the gorgeous tree and all those seashells! SO happy you joined us at The Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the leaning house and tree on your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That darned Irma - still leaving her mark! But what a CUTE mark it is!! Love this little gift box, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have dressed up the mini pizza box with this set, great colouring on your beach scene too. Thanks for playing a long with us at WWYS this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to combine the Beachy Little Christmas Stamp Set with High Tide. Thank you for joining the What Will You Stamp? Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...