Sunday, November 12, 2017

Stampin' Up! Christmas Quilt

Okay, so I might be addicted to the Stack & Cut Quilt technique! My earlier cards were made using Graphic 45 patterned paper. My future cards are all SU Designer Series Paper.

Here's my first card of a series...

I used the technique that is described here. My card base is Whisper White, accent mat is Garden Green, DSP is Quilted Christmas. Once I got my quilt pieces  adhered to its mat, I adhered it to the accent mat and ran it through my Big Shot using the Holly TIEF. The phone camera doesn't show the leaves that well, but with the naked eye you can see them plainly. 

My sentiment is from Star of Light stamp set. It's stamped in Cherry Cobbler on a scrap of Whisper White, die cut with one of the ovals from Stitched Shape Framelits. I used a scrap of DSP to make the scalloped mat. I die cut that with one of the ovals from Layering Ovals. I adhered the sentiment to that mat and put dimensionals on the back of the mat and adhered it to the "quilt". Then I adhere the card front to the base.

Amy Ottmers created a tic tac toe challenge TTC #023 and I chose the center horizontal line, "die cut, free, and leaf (I do hope more than one leaf is allowed!).

If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will get back to you. In the meantime, thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen - we appreciate you playing along with us at Tic Tac Toe challenge - and I'm pretty sure the leaf was not intended to represent just one so I think you're good. Love the quilted effect on your card - it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...