Thursday, October 12, 2017

Stampin' Up! Counting My Blessings

Sunny Day Crafting Challenge #56 O is for Oval is my only challenge for today. You can see I definitely used an oval! Measurements are at the end of my post.




I used Early Espresso for my card base and the mat under the Lemon Lime Twist piece (for some reason, it doesn't look like LLT, but it is!). I stamped that piece with the acorns from the Count My Blessings stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed them in Copper.  

Then I adhered the LLT mat to the EE mat. My favorite ribbon in this year's catalog is 1/4" Copper Trim and I wrapped that around those mats, tied a bow and adhered it to a piece of DSP from Painted Autumn. That was then adhered to the card base.

On a scrap piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the sentiment from Count My Blessings in Versamark ink, sprinkled it with Copper Embossing Powder and heat set it. I also used the leaf stamp from that stamp set, stamped just above the words and colored the leaves with a Lemon Lime Twist marker. The oval is die cut from the largest oval in the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. I cut it so the leaves would look like they were hanging off the oval. I adhered it to the card with Dimensionals

The dots in three of the corners are White Perfect Accentscolored with a bronze Sharpie.

My card is CASEd from Linda Richenberg. This card may be too "busy" for some, but I love it and I love Linda's too!

Measurements:
5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4 1/4” Early Espresso cardstock base  
5 1/4” x 4” Painted Autumn DSP mat
4 3/8” x 3 3/8” Early Espresso mat
4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ Lemon Lime Twist mat
3" x 3 1/2"  piece Very Vanilla, to cut out oval

Thanks for looking!!





4 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for sharing at Sunny Day Crafting.
    Janis, Owner and Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the layers and the stamping, perfect colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute and I really like the text!

    Thank you for joining at our Sunny Day Crafting Challenge
    Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

    X
    Diana
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, indeed, Karen! Your embossed sentiment is gorgeous and perfectly done! And I love the color combo and background stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...