Sunday, August 27, 2017

Stampin' Up: Christmas Pines



Thank you, Leena, for a great sketch at Sunday Stamps SSC 160.

I was going to make this for a 50th anniversary card but changed to Christmas so I could enter Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #348. Her optional challenge was to use something old and for me, that was the baker's twine I used.

For my gold border, I used the Card Front Builder Framelits and Gold Foil Sheets. My DSP panels are from the Color Theory DSP Card Stack and Bundle of Love Specialty DSP. The sentiment  is from Christmas Pines. The snowflake (which I cut in half) is in the Holiday Catalog, which debuts September 1. If you would like the measurements for this card, let me know.

The card was really simple and easy to make. However, I learned a valuable lesson creating it. Be sure to stamp your sentiment on the panel BEFORE you place it on dimensionals. I never use more than 4 dimensionals, but for this card I used 8...one of which was under the point where I needed to stamp the sentiment. I couldn't figure out why it didn't stamp properly...but then the light bulb went on. The repair work took as long to do as making the original card. Oh, and the bow...well, I won't tell you how long I worked on that...but...

Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the gold touches and that foil snowflake is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Karen! I love the die cut border in the gold foil! Perfectly layered and designed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a festive Christmas card all "decked out" in gold! You used a lot of different elements and they work awesome together! Thanks for playing along at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure how I missed this....very pretty! Hope you are all okay down there...stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply stunning! That gold foil snowflake is a beautiful focal point. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karen. congrats on being chosen at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...