Friday, December 23, 2016

Life's a Beach!

It's time to get off cold and wintery things. Since I live in Florida and the temperature today is in the 80's, I thought TSOT #302 would be the perfect sketch to use.
                                                            
I flipped the sketch and had to write my own sentiment! For my base, I used Crumb Cake card stock. The water and sand is from Serene Scenery DSP pack. I love that pack! The umbrellas were cut out of various retired SU DSP stacks using the Weather Together Framelits. I think I should have only used the silver glimmer paper on the oval scallop. Your thoughts? The 3 beach chairs are IOS dies. I used cardstock from SU, Office Max and Joann's.

I am not thrilled with this card and will probably try another one using the chairs and beach DSP but not the cloud nor the umbrellas. Maybe I'll add some seagulls. Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish it was warm and beachy here in Idaho, Karen! You card makes me yearn for summer. I think the sky and sand are perfect background for your cute chairs! Thanks for sharing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and makes me want for warm weather! Such a clever way to do your sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Try Stampin' - Or Not - On Tuesday! Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...