Saturday, May 27, 2017

Negatives Aren't Always Bad!

At our card club the other day, I punched out two daisies for our card using the punch from the Delightful Daisy Bundle. I am very frugal and didn't want to scrap the paper and the sentiment so I tucked it away. We had also made butterfly embellishments in the group. Tonight I was cleaning out my craft basket and came across the negative daisy panel. Earlier this morning I was looking through my Saturday challenges and saw Less is More - Shimmer #330 and thought, well, "maybe". Now, it is no longer "maybe", it is reality! I still had the glitter paper from Owl & Pussycat, plus the other side of the DSP I used yesterday on my desk. All I had to do was add a mat of Night of Navy (SU) and a Whisper White card base. As Mary would say, "Et Voila"!

This card was not only fun, but a total surprise as I was only in the craft area to clean up and had no intention of making a card. Life is full of surprises.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty and elegant design! I love your use of the negative die cuts and the shimmery paper underneath. Gorgeous butterfly and scripty sentiment, too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use a negative punched panel, your flowers look great and this is a subtle way to show some shimmer! Such a pretty sentiment as well. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty and elegant with great use of shimmer. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your card came together, Karen! The shimmery purple looks great with the crisp white daisy negatives and the butterfly is very pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...