Friday, May 26, 2017

Cut Up Birthday Bash!

Strange title for a post you say? Well, the recipient of this birthday card is a real cut up. I hope she is not reading this blog! We are also going to have a birthday bash for her.

So, it is fitting that I would enter this card in Cut It Up Challenge #122 Fun Folds. For this challenge, you must also use a die. It also fits the Mod Squad Birthday Bash Challenge. I included various shots, one before I remembered I hadn't stamped the sentiment (SU Vertical Greetings)...it's late for me people!

















The card base is Blackberry Bliss. The length was 11" and the height was 5 1/2". It was scored at 1 1/4", 4", and 6 3/4". I got the idea from Gaynor Boyce. The first 1" piece of DSP is glitter paper I bought at The Owl and Pussycat in Ft. Myers. The second piece is Stampin' Up Succulent Garden. The last piece is from a pad that a friend gave me. The die cut is Stampin' Up's Stylish Stems Framelits. I used a lime glitter paper that came from O & P for the piece underneath the Blackberry Bliss. It was the first time I used this die set and I had fun trying to line it up! The panels are all cut 1/4" less than the size of the folds. This was a fun card to make even though it's almost past my bedtime.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool fold on your card and I love the colors you used! That vertical sentiment is perfect for this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely card. All those different layers look so pretty together. The flower die is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us for our Fun Folds challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great!! I need to try this fold. I love your paper and colors and your Vertical Greetings sentiment! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...