Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Stampin' Up! Sunflower Birthday Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Blog Hop

 Welcome to the AIK monthly blog hop. Our theme for this month is "Fall Frenzy" and we can  use any product we wish.  The list of hoppers is at the end of my post. I hope you'll hop along. Here's a thumbnail of my creation...

Let's take a closer look...

I was inspired by my friend, upline and teammate (one and the same), with her card she created here.

My card base is Basic Black 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". I adhered a mat of Calypso Coral 4" x 5 1/4".

Next I cut a piece of Basic White 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and embossed it with the Sunflower 3D EF. I adhered that to the card front.

I cut another mat of Calypso Coral to 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" and adhered that to the front. Next I followed Mary's video to watch her technique but I'll try to tell you here. I cut a piece of Basic White that was 3 1/2" x 3 1/2", used my Blending Brush to lay on coats of Calypso Coral and Cajun Craze inks. Then I put it in the EF, taped the sides ever so slightly so it wouldn't move in the folder. After I ran it through my embossing machine, I covered the inside front of the folder with Basic Black ink and ran it through again. I removed the panel and cut it down to 3 1/4" x 3 1/4", adhering it to the Calypso Coral mat.

So far, I've used everything that was current product but then I remembered I had pretty organdy 1/4" Grapefruit Grove Ribbon (retired) and I just had to use it under the sentiment that came from the Lily of the Valley Stamp Set. I stamped the frame around with a stamp from the Fern & Flora Stamp Set and cut it out with a die from the matching set. The three moths are also from that stamp set and dies. The top two inside sentiments are from Fern & Flora. The "happiest birthday wishes" greeting is from the Phrases & Frames Stamp Set. I know you can figure out the inks I used :-)

Thank you for stopping by today. Clicking on the "Next" button will take you to Christie King . Clicking on the individual names below will take you directly to each member's post. Trust me, you're in for a treat! 

  

  1. Terry Lynn Bright
  2. Karen Ksenzakovic
  3. Nicole Bloxom
  4. Ann Louise Fodgaard
  5. Karen Finkle - that's me
  6. Christie King
  7. Tara Carpenter
  8. Mary Deatherage
  9. Charlene Tackvic
  10. Amy Koenders

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunflower background Karen! Love the little butterflies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! That technique is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Karen and sunflowers my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Sunflower Birthday Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Blog Hop

  Welcome to the AIK monthly blog hop.  Our theme for this month is "Fall Frenzy" and we can  use any product we wish.    The lis...