Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Stampin' Up! City Sights Birthday

Good mid-week day, my stamping friends. Here it is August 7 already! My grandson's birthday is this month. He's an actor living in Manhattan so I used the City Sights Kit to create his card. I thought it was quite appropriate with the view he has from his balcony. Here's what the kit looks like. If you want to order it, better hurry because it's low inventory! Just click on the picture and it will take you to the SU site. Click on "find demonstrator" and type in my name. Then the rest is self-explanatory. I appreciate your business if you do!


Now, let's take a look at what I created...

This is an alternative to the kit. I used Boho Blue cardstock for my base and cut down one of the kit cards to 4" x 5 1/4".

I stamped the skyscrapers on a scrap of Gray Granite cardstock, using the Pebbled Path Ink Spot and fussy cut it. It came pretty close to the pre-cut one in the kit. That was in Basic Beige and didn't go with the color of the skyline I had chosen. It still doesn't go as nicely as I had hoped but it is what it is! I adhered it with Dimensionals.

For the sentiment, I glued 4 banners together to lift it up to the cut out. (The banners come in 4 different languages and I was only going to use the English version.) I adhered the top with liquid glue and the bottom with a strip of foam adhesive. I love the corrugated paper from the kit as a "mat".

For the inside...

I stamped the skyscrapers on a panel of Gray Granite cardstock. Again, it's stamped with Pebbled Path ink. The sentiment is stamped with Misty Moonlight ink and it's from the retired Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set.

My grandson is truly fabulous, brilliant and wonderful. I love to brag on him and hope he will enjoy his card. We cook together on Saturday night via Zoom. He is gaining confidence in cooking for his roommates and he is so much fun.

Happy birthday to Cupcake Inspirations as well. It's their 600th challenge, which means their 15th birthday. I hope you'll help them celebrate along with me!

I'm also playing at Pammie's Inky Pinkies and hope you'll visit Pam and enter a creation for her Anything Goes Challenge #2431.

Thank you for stopping by today, be blessed and be a blessing. I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great card for someone living in NYC! That skyline and background are amazing! He'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card for a New Yorker's b-day!! He's going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kit! And your card is perfect for a New Yorker's birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. I love the background you used. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Love the background. Perfect for a New Yorker.
    Thanks for being a part of the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge.
    Revati P
    DT CIC

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun. I love the papers you used on this and the design you used. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome kit - makes amazing cards! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Lori
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Seaside Wishes for Creative Creases Challenge #91 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge.  If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiti...