Friday, April 26, 2024

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting for? Hop on over to Challenge #81. We'd love to see your fun fold creation.

Here's what I created...

We'll take a closer look in a minute, but first I want to show you my template. I was inspired by my teammate, Jaimie, and created the card with her measurements. You can watch her video here. Here's my first attempt...

Since I wasn't happy with my cow, I decided to make another one using a bigger circle die for the cut out and the next smaller to stamp the cow. That way, the card opened easier BUT  I like the same size circle for both on my "template"! Let me show you a closer view of my challenge card and you'll see what I mean...

However, there was a problem because I had glued all the DSP to the card base, along with the inside sentiment before I did the die cut. By using a larger die to cut out the opening, I cut off the word "what's" from inside! So, to remedy that, I stamped my cow, bird and "what's" on a scrap piece of white and cut it out with the smaller circle! I also added the second inside sentiment with a wood mounted stamp I had inherited from my friend, Carole, who went to be with the Lord 5 years ago this month. I still miss her so much.  But, back to my card... here's a pic side-by-side...


 
I came pretty close to having to start over with that little mishap!

Let's moove on now...
I hope you'll join us at CCC #81. If your card is picked as a winner, you'll get a chance to be a Guest Designer...that's how I started out! Our Design Team is a great one and I hope you'll check out each member's blog. You'll be in for a treat!!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cutest Cows; Inkadinkado birthday sentiment
Card stock & Papers     Lemon Lolly; Basic White; Delightfully Eclectic DSP (on sale until 4.30.24)
 Ink Pecan Pie; Early Espresso; Memento Tuxedo Black; Blends (Ivory, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Pecan Pie, Lemon Lolly, Petal Pink, Basic Black)
Accessories
Tools     Stylish Shapes Dies

14 comments:

  1. "Engineering", as I call it, can sometimes be tricky, can't it? But you managed to make it all come out, and these are adorable! I just made something similar....maybe I'll play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great fun fold card, Karen! I really love the cow, and really should get this bundle since cows are one of Noah's favorite animals. Fun choice of papers, too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I'm so sorry about your friend Carole's passing. How sweet that you could use that stamp in remembrance of her for this sweet card. Great save on that second card by stamping the "What's" on the front above the cow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is such a cute card. That fold can be tricky but you made it perfectly. Love that little cow and the row of sunflowers she floats over.

    So great you are able to get some comfort and joy remembering your friend this way.

    Thank you for such a sweet card this round.
    Rae in Reno,
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's way too cute Karen! Love the fun little cow image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fun card, love the fold

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "a little birdie told me" so fun. Great card TFS

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...