Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Stampin' Up! Cards for Bring Smiles to Seniors and Kendra's Card Challenge #13

Good morning peeps...or whatever time it is where you are!  Here's what I created for this post and it wasn't done in a day! I made these over a 5-day period and it required focus with no interruptions. Well, with a cat in the house, you know how impossible that is!


I discovered a challenge through the Bring Smiles to Seniors Facebook Group to which I belong. One of the members had posted 15 cards that she made for KCC #13. I had no idea what she was talking about so I "Googled" it. Lo and behold, it's a challenge where you take six 6" x 6" pieces of patterned paper and cut them up according to Kendra's templates to make 15 cards. There is no waste either but you do need to follow her measurements to cut solid cardstock as well (that was the hard part!). So, I took Stampin' Up! Inked Botanicals Designer Series Paper and went to work. I'll be posting each one individually with product used but that will take more than 5 days...15 is more like it.

Thank you for stopping by today and do take a look at Kendra's challenge if you have some patterned paper (a/k/a Designer Series Paper in the SU world) you need to use up. Also check out Bring Smiles to Seniors if you have "thinking of you" and "birthday" cards of which you have an over abundance!

I hope you'll return tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. We have very talented members waiting to show you their creations. I will have a fun fold for you!

6 comments:

  1. These are amazing...and beautiful! What a great idea! I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I'm now starting on my submission for February!

      Delete
  2. Very nice Karen--I like the one with the lady looking back--or forward...Jiw from SWFL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Karen! The mind is a terrible thing to waste (giggle). Honestly, yesterday I thought I'd left a comment on your wonderful blog - but apparently not. What a nice idea to be able to send cards to those who will appreciate them through Smiles to Seniors. Even more fantastic is the use of the "one sheet wonder" style of creating multiple cards! They look amazing! (Long ago - at least 18 years ago) I used to teach at a local stamp store, and the biggest request was one-sheet wonder classes because stamping was still the rage, and designer papers were considered a luxury! LOL So we made our own papers. SU has the prettiest coordinated sets, that you just cannot help but make a lovely set of cards! Thanks for the reminder about this technique, and ideas for using updated materials in using it! I am your new google and email follower. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today. I appreciate it!
    Smiles and Crafty Hugs,
    Donna Ellis
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...