Thursday, October 19, 2023

Stampin' Up! Earthen Textures for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop.

I chose to use Moody Mauve, Misty Moonlight, Smoky Slate and Pretty Peacock. 

Let's take a closer look at my card, shall we?
The squares were created using the faux watercoloring technique. I used my Smoky Slate and Moody Mauve Stamp N Write Markers, block and water spritzer to accomplish that.

Next I used the Earthen Textures Dies and Earthen Elegance DSP, along with the More Dazzle Specialty Paper for my vases and sprigs.

The sentiment is from the Very Best Occasions Stamp Set and is stamped in Pretty Peacock.

The three embellishments are Pretty Peacock gems from the Tinsel Gems Four Pack.

Here's a look at the inside (I mistakenly thought the left side DSP was Smoky Slate but it turns out it is actually Gray Granite). Close enough for government work and you can't see it from the street...lol!

That's it for now peeps. Measurements are listed after our hoppers. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by!

Misty Moonlight Card Base: 11" x 8 1/2", cut at 5 1/2" and score at 4 1/4" (this will give you two card bases). Cut off 2 1/8" on the 4 1/4" portion, which now makes it a fun fold card! 3 5/8" x 4 5/8" for art panel mat. Scrap for top of small vase.
Shimmery White for art panel: 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Misty Moonlight DSP: 1 3/4" x 5 1/8" for inside right panel; scrap 1 3/4" x 3 1/4" for the tall vase.
Gray Granite DSP (whoops!): 2 1/8" x 5 1/8" for left inside panel; scrap 1 5/8" x 2 1/8" for small vase.
Moody Mauve DSP: 1 7/8" x 5 1/8" for outer flap
More Dazzle: Scraps for tall vase decoration and for small vase sprigs


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen :) Love your layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love all the texture you gave! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Karen! Love the touch of sparkle, great layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Karen! Love the watercolor look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the texture in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Karen! Love the color blocks and this card reminds me why Earthen Textures is one of my favorite bundles. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH SO PRETTY!! I love the sparkle accents with the earthy tones. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies

  Good Friday morning, peeps! My card today is Sketch 9 for Kendra's Card Challenge #15 . Thank you for stopping by today. Project De...