Thursday, June 29, 2023

Stampin' Up! Countryside Inn Kintsugi Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop.



Let's take a closer look at my card, shall we?
As you can see, all the colors have been used. No bunnies heads were hurt in the making of this project! Have you ever heard of Kintsugi? I hadn't until I watched the video by Beth Rush on Splitcoaststampers. BUT then my friend and upline, Mary Deatherage, made it the day after I did so I should have waited for her video as she had some good tips! You can see it here. It's really easy. Let me tell you briefly about my card and how I created it.
  • Night of Navy Cardbase - 4 1/4" by 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
  • Basic White Cardstock - 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Countryside Inn DSP - 4" x 5 1/4" - tear it wherever you want, ink the white torn edges with VersaMark Ink, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set. Adhere the pieces on the white mat, according to the pattern. Adhere to card base.
  • Misty Moonlight Cardstock scrap for Go to Greetings "Happy Birthday"  stamped in VersaMark Ink, sprinkled with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set. Cut to size you desire.
  • White Baker's Twine - 20" to make a double bow.
  • Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere sentiment to card front.
My "Easter Bunny" on the inside looks like something out of a horror flick...lol. But, it is what it is...I should have stopped with my first attempt at coloring. I may replace the inside...what do you think? Be honest!!

That's it for now peeps. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies

  Good Friday morning, peeps! My card today is Sketch 9 for Kendra's Card Challenge #15 . Thank you for stopping by today. Project De...