Monday, March 13, 2023

Stampin' Up! Let it Ride St. Patrick's Day Birthday Card

Good Monday Morning, peeps! Hope you had a great weekend. I didn't have to cook because friends invited me to dinner Saturday night and Sunday my brother, sister-in-law and I went to our community play and then they took me to dinner at a restaurant on the river. It was a great weekend with people I love. 

So the people who I had dinner with asked me to make a card for their granddaughter who loves horses and was born March 17. Here's what I conjured up...


My card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock with a mat of Basic White. The patterned paper is from Authentique's Emerald DSP. 

I used a die from the Tailored Tags set for the sentiment and horse from the retired Let it Ride Stamp Set. The inks I used are Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Evening Evergreen and Granny Apple Green., I used the Alphabest Stamp Set and Very Best Label Punch for "Becky". I was hoping the jute rope would look like reins ... lol!

The inside is a mixture of stamps. The "happy" and "St. Patrick's Day" are from the retired A Wish for Everything Stamp Set. The "birthday" is from the Go to Greetings Stamp Set. The shamrock is from The House that Stamps Built. I used the retired Detailed Trio Punch on one of the corners and adhered a strip of patterned paper and called it done.


Of course, because envelopes are not allowed to be "nekkid", I adhered a piece of the patterned paper to the flap.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew blog hop.

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the shades of green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love this sweet card, Karen! That's precisely what I love about making cards - I am sure their granddaughter will love it. My older son's birthday would have been this Thursday. I will be spending it thinking of the great times we had with him and praying. Hope you have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...