Friday, February 17, 2023

Creative Creases Challenge #51 Anything with a Fun Fold and Double Trouble Challenge #132

Welcome to another Fun Fold Friday at Creative Creases and a surprise challenge. Here's what I created...

Be sure to stop by and enter your fun fold! We are celebrating our 2nd anniversary! Oh, and not only play with us, but play with Double Trouble as we are partnering with them from February 20th - March 5th! The link to their challenge won't be active until the 20th. Below is a summary of their challenges but you are required to only play with Thing 1 who is asking for “Create with a Fun Fold". Just click on the photoart to go to their challenge and have fun!

Let's take a look-see at how I created this, shall we?



Does it look familiar? Why, yes it does because I created a similar one here. However, I didn't like the fact that that one did not stand on its own so I recreated it. 
  • Petal Pink Cardstock Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score and fold at 4 1/4"
  • Mossy Meadow 4 1/4" x 1 1/2" (hinge); score on long side at 1 1/4", fold and adhere to base behind 4" x 5 1/4" Designer Series Paper 
  • adhere Basic White inner panel 4" x 5 1/4"  with sentiment 
  • Basic White Art Panel for front flap: 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" , stamp and adhere to right side of hinge
  • Designer Series Paper: 3 14: x 4 1/2"  on back of front flap to cover inside of hinge  
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will create your own fun fold and enter it in the challenges. The Double Trouble team, Debbie, Rae and I would love to see your creations! Have a blessed weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Karen! I just love the papers you used here and such an interesting fun fold. Will have to try it!! Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen! The colors are perfect with the floral images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done! I find that DSP hard to work with, but your flower works with it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Karen, I love the hinge fun fold, and such pretty complementary patterened papers you used. CAS and very pretty. Thanks for sharing your Design Team card with us at Double Trouble. And thank you so much for your compliment to my card, appreciate it. It's a little frustrating to get the fold right; and I still have my first test fun fold that I can use in a future card. Can't wait to see what you create with this fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mucho, Suzanne. You know I love playing at DT and so glad we could partner with you. I'll try to play again using your fun fold!

      Delete
  5. This is pretty! I love that you took the opportunity to recreate. It turned out wonderful! Thanks for sharing at double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, what a lovely card! Does the fold have a name? I like the pretty flower on the front and the papers you chose for your card. Thank you so much for partnering with us at Double Trouble, and especially for sharing your card with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. Suzanne calls it the "hinge fun fold".

      Delete
  7. Fabulous card, Karen! The flowers are beautifully colored to coordinate with the paper. Thank you for sharing at Double Trouble Challenge #132.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...