Saturday, September 24, 2022

Stampin' Up! Daisy Garden Monochromatic

Good Saturday morning, peeps! Please pray that Hurricane Ian will stay away from N. Ft. Myers, FL!! I have too many cards ready for the Craft Fair and too many supplies on my desk!!!




Oh, but you're not here to see my messy crafting area, you're here to see my neat monochromatic daisies! I made this to enter in the Crafter's Cafe: #289 - Monochromatic Challenge.

I used the Daisy Garden background stamp directly on a piece of Sun Prints Designer Series Paper (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). It is stamped in Early Espresso Ink, as is the sentiment from the Soft Seedlings Stamp Set. I adhered it with liquid glue to a Thick Basic White card base (4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2").

The large label die from the Waves Dies was perfect to house the piece of Early Espresso Faux Suede Ribbon. The label wasn't long enough to accommodate the sentiment so I used the two-step die cutting technique (cut half the label, move the die to the other half and cut the other half). I adhered it to the card front with Stampin' Seal.

The embellishment is a retired Ladybug Trinket.

I'm entering my card in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #180 and I went from top right corner diagonally to left bottom corner with flowers, foliage (which I hope didn't have to be green!) and sentiment.

Easy peasy card...and it allowed me time to clean up my mess!


well, sorta!  I'm off to mess it up again!! Have a great day my stamping friends.
 
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."' 
Psalm 91:1-2 NIV

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

3 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Love the monochromatic look. Hoping that storm veers far off the current track and goes out to sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. Praying that Ian will bypass the states as well.

      Delete
  2. Such an effective design Karen (and I fully intended the foliage to be any colour your imagination wanted it to be!!) Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    PS. I do hope that the hurricane avoided you. Also, love Psalm ninety one and memorised it so that I could say it over and over when life got rough and I found it hard to sleep. Such a comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...