Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Stampin' Up! Brushed Brass Butterflies on Quilled Cross

It's technique Tuesday morning! My card today is one that we made in our Thursday card group. Sue M. provided the materials from Hobby Lobby: Quilled Creations Combing Technique Quilling Kit and Quilling Paper. To create the cross, you can use a comb or a special quilling tool. I used my onion holder slicer that I got years ago in a kitchen shop.


I absolutely loved the patterned paper from Studio Paper (Faith Words) from Hobby Lobby. The Brushed Brass Butterfly made the perfect hiding spot of the pieces joining together. The card base is Basic White with a mat of Soft Suede cardstock.

Now, I just need to tell you that I no longer believe the adage "if you haven't used it in a year, get rid of it because you won't use it in another year." LIE!!!! I gave away all my quilling paper to Good Will!!! I wonder if it's still there? No, I'm not going to check. I will borrow from Sue...lol! 

The inside is very simple but quite profound.


Thank you for stopping by today and wish me luck in creating more cards with the combing technique! I'll keep you posted!!


2 comments:

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...