Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Stampin' Up! Carte Postale Merci!

Welcome to mid-week day! I'm taking you back in time today with a card we made at our Thursday card group. Sue L. provided the kit, which included a template for the flower, pre-cut patterned paper and the card base. Take a look see...


I wish I had taken a photo of the template. In any event we stamped it using a big wood mount stamp (2008 French Flair, retired) for the outside. Then we fussy cut it out,  and stamped smaller wood mount stamps from the 2008 Carte Postale Stamp Set (retired) for the inside. Then we scored and folded it. I needed so much help with this one that I can't even begin to tell you how it was done! All I know is I love it and the patterned paper Sue had for us. Origami is not my forte; however, I am quite capable of making these...

Do you remember making them when you were a kid? Do kids today still do that? Did you call them Fortune Tellers or Cootie Catchers? It was the latter for me. Remember the Magic 8 Ball? Oh, what harmless fun to determine our future!

I also remember making belts from gum wrappers...Black Jack, Juicy Fruit, Wrigley's Spearmint, Wrigley's Doublemint, Teaberry, Clove and Beeman's...I had them all! Wish I still had the belts! Every time my uncle from Massachusetts would visit, he'd bring me a bag of gum. Nostalgia!

Oh, so would you like to see it in full bloom? Here you go...


and the inside...

I'm entering my card at the Creative Creases Anything Goes with a Fun Fold Challenge #37, where I am currently a Guest Designer.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Karen! You really outdid yourself with this incredible fun fold card! A Cootie Catcher card!!! I have never seen one like this before! So much fun memories you brought back today. Since I doubt you can do one with the Magic 8 ball, we will have to keep this one alive for the next generations to learn. Thank you so much for the great inspiration in the gallery at Creative Creases, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. I had so much fun making the Cootie Catchers and they brought smiles to my card group yesterday. We made 5 cards together...one was a fun fold...imagine that ;-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...