Friday, July 15, 2022

Stampin' Up! Peaceful Deer Christmas Fun Fold Card

TGIF, peeps! Welcome to my fun-fold Friday. 





I had no idea what fun fold I was going to make until Connie Stewart demonstrated a triple flap card on You Tube yesterday! I had no problem with the theme because of these challenges:

  1. ABC Christmas - N is for New and O is for Old - I used the new Lights Aglow  Designer Series Paper for my side flaps and Silver & Gold Specialty Paper for the front flap. The old is the Peaceful Deer Stamp Set, cardstock, inks, punch and ribbon.
  2. Alphabet Challenge - H is for Holidays
  3. Crafty Gals Corner: Challenge #233 - Christmas in July
  4. Krafty Chicks Christmas #620 
  5. The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up #90
  6. Creative Creases #36 - ATG with a Fun Fold
  7. Christmas Craft - Patterned Paper - see above!

The main portion of my Evening Evergreen cardstock piece measures 4" x 10 1/2", scored and folded at 5 1/4". The Soft Succulent cardstock base measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

With the leftover piece of Evening Evergreen, cut two pieces 2 1/2" x 5 1/8". Fold and score each piece at 1/2". Adhere to sides of Evening Evergreen to create the two flaps.

Cut four pieces of DSP for the flaps at 1 3/4" x 5" and adhere to flaps with liquid glue.

Cut the front panel DSP at 3 3/4" x 5" and adhere to Evening Evergreen card front. Adhere the Evening Evergreen card to the Soft Succulent base with liquid glue.

With the remaining piece of Evening Evergreen, punch out two pieces with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch or any punch that fits your sentiment. I chose to use the stamps from the Peaceful Deer Stamp Set

On a 2 1/2" x 3" piece of Basic White, I stamped the sentiment in Evening Evergreen ink and the garland in Soft Succulent ink. I cut the pieces of Evening Evergreen in half, different directions to create a frame for the back of the Basic White that was also punched with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch (adhered with liquid glue). I adhered that to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I cut a piece of  3/8" Open Weave Soft Succulent Ribbon, tied a bow, and attached it with a glue dot; then I trimmed the ends.

The inside Basic White panel measures 4" x 5". I stamped the deer in Soft Succulent but used a sponge dauber to ink the word section with Evening Evergreen. The bunny is stamped in Soft Succulent and the sentiments are Evening Evergreen. I adhered it to the card with liquid glue.

Oh, and if you are not receiving emails from me any longer about when I post, the Mail Chimp link was not working for some people so I switched to Follow It. Therefore, if you aren't receiving notices but want to, just click on the Subscribe button and enter your email address. You will receive an email from Follow It asking you to confirm that you want to subscribe. If you don't see that email, check your spam folder. Clicking on the follow button just shows that you are following me but I don't think you get notifications that I've posted. Let me know if I'm wrong on that.

I'm also entering my card in the Inspirational Challenge #269 - Designer's Choice - Favourite Colour in Monochrome. My favorite color is lime green. This card isn't that, but it is shades of green :-)


If you look at the partial product list below, you'll see the cost of the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper is $0! That's right, you can't buy it!! You can only get it with an order of $50 before s/h during our July-August Sale-A-Bration. You can find out more by visiting my online store.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend ahead of you.


Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

18 comments:

  1. Great fun fold card, Karen! Love how you used that pretty paper and my favorite ribbon! Thank you for adding it to the gallery. I so appreciate all of the support you are giving me for my challenge! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. It is my pleasure to support you and your challenge!

      Delete
  2. Very cute, and I like that fold! Might have to try that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I'm going to be tweaking it I think.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Love the fancy fold design, perfect colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful funfold design and great use of papers. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Charlotte, for your comment on behalf of CCC.

      Delete
  5. What a great colour scheme - love the papers and that sweet deer. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynda, for commenting on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  6. The triple flap looks great!Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fun fold cards, loving your choice of colour and the sweet animal stamps. thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caz, for your comment on behalf of AC.

      Delete
  8. This is a BEAUTIFUL shade of green! Such a cool triple flap fold too. I love how you put this card together! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas, and good luck! :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie, for your comment on behalf of ABC Christmas.

      Delete
  9. Karen your card is very subtle but packs a punch once opened. Very nicely done! Thank you for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jana, for commenting on behalf of CGCC

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...