Friday, June 17, 2022

Stampin' Up! Heron Habitat Birthday Card

Today’s card was one that we made at our 2nd quarterly hybrid team meeting Sunday. My team member, Rosie, who lives in South Dakota, demonstrated this double Z fold design. Here’s how my card turned out. It was a little different from hers but I love the papers she chose.

Rosie used the Stampin’ Up! Splendid Thoughts Bundle along with the Splendid Day Specialty Designer Series Paper (available to customers July 1) to create her card. Unfortunately she does not have a blog that I can link to to show you hers. I, however, used sentiments from the Heron Habitat Stamp Set for a birthday card rather than a wedding card. I'll take you step-by-step as I created it with her and others. I do love ZOOM get togethers!
We started by adhering the foil panels of Splendid Day Specialty DSP to the coordinating Soft Sea Foam mats using Stampin’ Seal. We adhered the layered panels to the Sahara Sand card base with liquid glue.

I stamped the sentiments from the Heron Habitat Stamp Set in Soft Suede Ink on the fabric pattern from Splendid Day Specialty DSP. I adhered the stamped panels to leafy Splendid Day DSP mats using Stampin’ Seal and then to the front of the small card base. I adhered 3 die cut leaves that I cut from scraps of Soft Sea Foam and Splendid Day SDSP using my Splendid Stems Dies. I adhered them to the fabric pattern panels with liquid glue. The middle panel is a stand-alone mat of the leafy pattern.

Next we adhered the small card base to the large card base using  liquid glue on half of the small card base front and to the card base back.


On the back, I adhered the foil die cut leaf image, that I cut using my Splendid Stems Dies and a scrap of Splendid Day SDSP, to the side of the panel using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I adhered the Basic White panel to a Soft Sea Foam mat and then to the back of the Sahara Sand card base.

I'm entering my card in...you guessed it...Creative Creases Challenge #34 - Anything with a Fun Fold, where I am Guest Designer for the month of June. I do hope you'll stop by to see the entries and hopefully enter a project of your own. 

It was a fun day of creating with my team members and I always look forward to Amy's meetings. They are fun, unlike the old corporation meetings I had to attend!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you liked the card. I'll be back on Sunday with another card we made in our Thursday card group. I'd love it if you join me. Have an enjoyable weekend and may it bring many blessings your way.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Such a great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! That foil is beautiful with the Seafoam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty is this!?! Wow! And I love this fold. So sorry I missed the meeting - sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary, for taking the time to comment after just getting back from a long trip!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning card, Karen! I don't have these products yet but they will definitely be on my next order!! Thanks for the nudge! LOL Thank you for all of your support to my Creative Creases Challenge and being my guest designer!
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...