Friday, April 22, 2022

Stampin' Up! Sweet as a Peach Fun Fold Birthday Card

Welcome to my fun fold Friday card. There are a number of demonstrators who do fun folds on Friday so I thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon. Did you know that idiom was first seen in 1848. Seems like a clown had a circus wagon that he used to transport politicians around town while the music attracted people to the place where the politicians made their speeches. Seems to me a lot of politicians are clowns these days. Oh, did I say that with my outside voice? Hope I didn't offend anyone with my humor! Let's get back to the fun fold and leave the fun facts behind!

This fold is called the Pinwheel Tower Fun Fold and I have posted it twice on my blog. Here and here. I used the Sweet as a Peach Stamp Set and the Peach Dies. The Designer Series Paper is no longer available but you can use anything you have on hand. I also used the retired Classic Label Punch for my sentiment but there is a die in the Peach Dies that will cut it out as well. The flowers were stamped in Balmy Blue on a scrap of  DSP that I had and cut out with the Peach Dies. I used Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzazz inks for the sentiments. 





Peach trees bloom in the spring so I am entering my card in the Seize the Birthday #236 - Signs of Spring Challenge.


Crafty Gals Corner: Challenge #230 - Spring/Easter, and Dragonfly Dreams: April Challenge - Spring/Easter.


There are many videos on You Tube where you can see how to assemble the pieces. Just search for Pinwheel Tower. Here are my measurements for this card. 

  • Basic White Card Base: 5 3/4" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4", 3" on the long side; 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ (x3 – pinwheel panels); scrap for sentiment
  • Calypso Coral Mats: 2 5/8" x 4 1/8" (3); 1 3/4" x 4 1/8" (4)
  • DSP: 2 1/2" x 4" (3); 1 5/8" x 4" (4); scrap for flowers
Thank you for stopping by today and I'll see you on Monday. 

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite fun folds! And I agree with your clown/politician analogy...such a shame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the fancy fold design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paper and I love this fun fold!! And you're spot on the bandwagon thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous peachy papers and a fun fold technique! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley, for commenting on behalf of STB.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...