Friday, April 1, 2022

Stampin' Up! Friday Fun Fold Birthday Card

No foolin', peeps...it's really April 1 already. Where have the past months of 2022 gone? 

I made this birthday card for a neighbor in my community. She does so much for our community so I thought the sentiments from the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set would be perfect. 


Here it is from another side...

The fun fold is called the Pinwheel Tower and I created this one back in July 2021. I have been asked to demonstrate this fold at our next card group gathering. I need to practice one more time!

For this card I also used the Flowing Flowers Stamp Set. I stamped the smaller flower on the scalloped circle second generation with Pale Papaya Ink. I cut the "Happy Birthday" stamp in half so I could get it on the scalloped circle (retired punch). That is stamped with Old Olive Ink. as is the sentiment from Inspired Thoughts on the next panel. I sponged the panel with Pale Papaya ink and punched the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch, which is retiring much to my disappointment. Measurements are listed below.

I'm entering my card for the third and final time at:

Alphabet Challenge Blog: Z is for Zig-Zags (again the shape not the paper!)

Just Add Ink #597 Choose Two - I picked paper and pattern

Creative Creases #29 ATG with a Fun Fold.


Thank you for stopping by and hope you are headed into a fantastic weekend. I will be spending my time in the craft room and perhaps making Dolmades.

Measurements:
Pale Papaya Card Base: 5 3/4" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4", 3" on the long side; 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ (x3 – pinwheel panels)
Basic Black Mats: 2 5/8" x 4 1/8" (4); 1 3/4" x 4 1/8" (4)
DSP: 2 1/2" x 4" (2); 1 5/8" x 4" (4)
Basic White: 2 1/2" x 4" (2); scrap for sentiment

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

18 comments:

  1. I do love a "Pinfold" as this is just lovely Karen! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Pinwheel type cards. Fun to make, Fun to give, Fun to receive. The sentiments are lovely. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantell, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  3. Pretty card Karen! Thanks for sharing. You've inspired me to make one of these soon. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Akiko. They really are easy and fun!

      Delete
  4. Cool cool cool! I love this - and know you'll do great when you demo it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I hope so cuz when I made this I forgot to cut two panels and couldn't out why it wasn't pinwheeling...lol!

      Delete
  5. THat's such a clever card design Karen, and a great trake on our 'zigzag' theme. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah, for your comment on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous take on our 'zig zag' theme - Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this funfold and yours is just lovely. Thank you for sharing this week! Ann - Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie, for your comment on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  8. Such a wonderful pinwheel card, Karen! I was actually thinking of making one with the exact same paper!! The best little detail on this card is the detail from the trio punch. I love that punch but frequently forget to use it. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. We would have been twins if you had!

      Delete
  9. I have got to give this a try. I keep seeing them and I like yours it is lovely, so may just have to try it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shirley. I hope you do try it as it is so much fun to see it come together.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...