Monday, March 28, 2022

Stampin' Up! Paradise Palms Birthday

Welcome to my last March Monday Makeover Madness! I have two cards for you today. They are both created with basically the same supplies but I made over the first one and you're about to find out why! 

Here's what I used: Palms Dies, Double Oval Punch, A Wish for Everything Stamp Set, Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set, Tasteful Labels Dies and the Expressions in Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper. First let me show you the 12 x 12 paper package. It is so beautiful! Mine is almost gone so I need to order more...or do I just want to order?!! This is retiring and as of this post, there is still some left.  I do not need more of the same DSP because new will be coming out shortly. Discipline is in order!!!!!


The technique used is one I saw on Splitcoaststampers by Melissa Stout. I should not have decided I wanted to use the opposite side of the paper I had already glued to the Window Sheet. Let me explain how it's done in case you don't want to watch the video by Melissa.

I cut "snippets" of the beautiful paper into 1/2" strips that were 6" long. I adhered them with liquid glue to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" window sheet. Then I cut off the excess length. You can definitely use shorter pieces. Then I adhered foam strips to the back side of the window sheet and adhered it to the card base.

On the first card, my window sheet is right up front because of that decision and the glue shows. On the second one, it is in the background and no glue shows. Either way, I'm okay with it because I have to be...lol! It's easier to see IRL.
I used the Palm Dies to cut out the Gold Foil palm tree and the Double Oval Punch to cut out the Gold Foil Scalloped Oval. The sentiment from A Wish for Everything is stamped in Evening Evergreen ink. Everything is adhered with liquid glue. The shininess of the Window Sheet (although it doesn't show in the photos) is growing on me !

Here's the second card...

The sentiment is from Happiest of Birthdays cut out with a die from Tasteful Labels with the edges sponged in Evening Evergreen. No glue showing!

Which one do you like better? 

I'm entering my second card at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 2213, Snippets Playground Challenge #424 and Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March 2022.

Thanks for stopping by today and have an M & M hug.


Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful snippets cards here Karen.

    Thanks for submitting some homework to the Snippets Playground. Di and I will be in the Playground Treehouse later if you want to join us for cocktails! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarn, and I'm happy for you that you are in cahoots with Di. I'll stop by for a cocktail for sure!

      Delete
  2. Fun design! Love the palm tree die cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and such lovely papers as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...