Monday, January 17, 2022

Stampin' Up! Birthday Golf Card

Good Monday Morning Makeover Madness, peeps! Yesterday I showed you the card I won from the DIY Diva. This is her card...


and this is what I created with the card kit I also won...


The card base is Gray Granite cardstock, 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 4 1/4" and 5 1/2". This is the book binding fun fold. There are tons of videos out there on how to create this and it is very simple to make. Leticia had cut all the pieces for the card (with the exception of the Happy Birthday).  I just made some minor adjustments except for the base where I used my own cardstock rather than the one she included as hers was already cut and folded but going the wrong direction for my idea.

On the book binder edge, I adhered a strip of Beauty of the Earth DSP as a mat from another pattern from Beauty of the Earth. I stamped the "happy" from the retired Vertical Greetings Stamp Set in Night of Navy. I added three Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

For the book part, I adhered a 4" x 4" piece of Beauty of the Earth.  Leticia had already cut the trees with the Beautiful Trees Dies. I adhered them with liquid glue to the front.  With the green strip, I used a die from Basic Borders to create the hill. I adhered a scrap of Night of Navy to a piece of Adhesive Foam and cut out the Happy Birthday from the Birthday Chick Dies and adhered it to the front. Card front done!

For the inside...


I cut her panel, that she included, down to 4" x 4" and adhered part of a strip included in the kit. That paper is also from Beauty of the Earth.

The golf club, flagstick and sentiment are from the retired Clubhouse Stamp Set. The images are stamped in Gray Granite and the sentiment in Night of Navy.




Thank you for stopping by today and grab some M & M's before you leave. Tomorrow will probably be foodie pics from Epcot's Festival of the Arts. But you never know...I may get out a Paper Pumpkin Kit or one of our card kits!


6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Karen! Love the fun fold design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! This is such a great fun fold and love that you created it with a wonderful stamp set. Hope you are having fun at Epcot and know that I'm thinking about you. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card!! Love the fun fold and how you've played with the DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...