Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Stampin' Up! Snowflake Sentiments

 Good mid-week, peeps! Let's get right down to business speedily, okay? Ta da...


Now, I threw "speedily" in there for a reason. I'm playing at As You See It Change #265 - Speedy SnowflakesFor the speed stamping, you can design your card in your head or sketch it out first. You can gather all your supplies ahead of time. BUT once you start the cutting, stamping, die cutting, embossing, etc., you need to start your stopwatch! It took me 7 min. 49 seconds.

My inspiration came from Owl Star Stampers. 

My card base is Night of Navy (5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"). To that I adhered a Basic White panel (5 1/4" x 4"). The Beauty of the Earth DSP mat measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4". I adhered that at the top of the Basic White panel and then stamped my sentiment from the retired Snowflake Sentiments Stamp Set in Night of Navy at the bottom.

I took a snowflake from the Wonderful Snowflakes and sponged it with silver ink. I adhered it to the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional.

Next I ran my Impression Obsession snowflake die through my embossing machine. The silver foil is also retired SU. I couldn't find my current SU Silver Foil Specialty Pack. I adhered two of the small snowflakes to the front with liquid glue. Then I ran a piece of navy 1/4" Dollar Store ribbon around the card front, tied a knot and adhered the panel to the card base. 

My time would have been shorter but I had a problem getting that faux bow tied and I had to run my die through a couple of times for the snowflakes.

The inside took no time at all.

I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and three snowflakes in silver. I took another of the die cut snowflakes and adhered it because I had a halo from the snowflake stamp. I'm sure you know all about those halos. I hate it when that happens!

I'm also entering my card at Little Red Wagon - Do They Know It's ChristmasCraftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #572 and at her Patterned Paper December 2021 Challenge.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll return tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.




12 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! Love that snowy background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Karen! That is hands down my fave sheet from the DSP pack - love it, and the perfect background for your pretty snowflake! Thanks so much for playing at AYSI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of AYSI.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful with that gorgeous DSP in the background...they were made to go together! Thanks for speedy stamping with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty! The snowflakes and paper work so wonderfully well together. And how awesome that your card came together so speedily!!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate, for your comment on behalf of LRW.

      Delete
  5. That's really pretty, Karen! I like that you've managed to make a non-Christmas paper so festive. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool the way that DSP is just the right proportion for the snowflake and I love the blue and silver together. Thanks for getting your adrenaline pumping with us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of AYSI.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...