Friday, November 12, 2021

Stampin' Up! Artistically Inked Dragonfly Garden Fun Fold Birthday Card

Welcome back to my blog! I had a great mini vacay at Disney and I'm thankful my sister-in-law from upstate NY flew down to join me. I didn't take my laptop with me for the first time ever. Why? My brain is on technology overload but without the technology, I wouldn't have known about Rich Adkins design. I loved it so much, I CASE'd his card. I used different colors, different DSP and different stamps, so in essence, I just used his design!

It's a fun fold because today I am Guest Designer at Creative Creases. It's Debbie's first time doing a GD and I hope you'll hop on over and join in her Challenge #19. It's ALWAYS a Fun Fold! Hers are beautiful, as are the other entrants. Thank you, Debbie for the wonderful opportunity. I LOVE fun folds! Let's take a look-see at today's, shall we?


My card base is Evening Evergreen with a mat of Polished Pink and a panel of Ever Eden Specialty Designer Series Paper. To that is adhered a scalloped square of Polished Pink, Evening Evergreen and more Ever Eden SDSP. I added a strip of Evening Evergreen cardstock. I had a scrap of Basic White on my desk and stamped the sentiment from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set in Evening Evergreen. I punched the ends with the Treasured Tags Pick A Punch. I adhered a Gilded Gem to the sentiment piece. I stamped the dragonfly from the Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set in Evening Evergreen, colored the wings with my Light Polished Pink Stampin' Blend and adhered it with liquid glue.

For the inside...


I stamped the ink splotch from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set, second generation. I stamped the sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set full strength in Evening Evergreen.

Measurements for Front:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/4"; then place it on your trimmer, folded, and move it from 4 1/4" to 3 1/2" and cut. Your card is now 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Polished Pink: 5 1/4" x 3 1/4"

DSP: 5" x 3" and a different pattern 5 1/2" x 1/2"

Basic White: 4" x 3/4" for sentiment

You will need scraps large enough to accommodate your squares, depending on what size squares you choose.

Inside:

DSP same pattern as big piece on front: 5 1/4" x 1/2" 

Basic White: 5 1/4" x 3 1/4"

When you adhere your square piece to the front, lay the card on your envelope to be sure where you place it lets the card fit in the envelope. The best way to do it is lay it face down on the front, line it up and put Dimensionals on the bottom portion as the top is not adhered to anything.

If you have any questions, let me know in an email. You can find my address under my profile.

Thank you for stopping by today.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a GD for Debbie's challenge! I love your pink, green and gold creation...the dragonfly is a perfect focal point for those papers, too! I have just the right card to play along....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I can't wait to see what you create for the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Whoo-hoo for being a Guest Designer! Super pretty card, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Karen! Love the colors and the dragonfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, being the first GD for my challenge, I have to tell you that I am so happy it was you! You have been so supportive and I definitely have enjoyed all of your great entries. Now, your card made me realize that I haven't used my dragonfly bundle nearly enough! You showcased them beautifully with the great fun fold here and wonderful papers. Thank you again for playing with Creative Creases and really hope you can join the challenge again soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. Your comment means a lot to me. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...