Sunday, October 24, 2021

Stampin' Up! Inspired Thoughts Birthday Card

Today would have been my paternal grandmother's birthday. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. As many times as I have been to the Mexico pavilion in Epcot, I never knew what Day of the Dead was until my daughter got a Sugar Skull tattoo. I found this article on Wikipedia about the celebration which takes place November 1-2 this year. Sugar skulls are quite colorful and a work of art. This is nothing like hers but I loved the colors so I downloaded the digital and turned it into a card.

My card base is Misty Moonlight cardstock with a mat of Basic Black. I took a piece of Polished Pink cardstock and embossed it with the retired Garden Trellis EF. The sentiment is from the retired Well Scripted Stamp Set. I heat embossed it with Brutus Monroe Raven Embossing Powder. To embellish the front, I added 5 Pearl Basic Jewels.

For the inside, I used a sentiment from the retired Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set. I punched it and the mats out with the Label Me Lovely Punch. The doo-dads in the corners are from the retired Eastern Beauty Stamp Set.

I'm entering my card in the Let's Squash It Challenge #13 - Double Embossing.



Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. My daughter did...she and her husband spent it in Maine in an oceanfront room. Happy birthday, Kerri. I was privileged to see pictures of the ocean, beach and all the seafood they had! Perhaps I'll go get a lobster from Publix to celebrate tomorrow!

Then God said, “Let the waters swarm with fish and other life.”

Gen. 1:20 (New Living Translation)

5 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...