Friday, July 9, 2021

Stampin' Up! Lovely You Birthday Card

TGIF! Nothing more needs to be said, right? Well, yes, I need to tell you about my Friday card! 

My card base is Thick Very Vanilla with a layer of Gold Foil. We made this awhile back at our card group. Sue L. had already prepared the die cut panel for us and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the die. I know I have it somewhere too. Can anyone help me out? I could call Sue but I love to have you leave comments! Update: I found the die...it's the Detailed Floral Thinlit that was bundled with Floral Phrases. I also found a similar card through Google so it looks like it was inspired by Shawn Perez.


The sentiment is from the retired Well Scripted Stamp Set. I stamped it with Versa Mark Ink and heat embossed it with gold emboss powder. I cut it out with a die from the Ornate Frames set.

The inside sentiment is from the Lovely You Stamp Set and I stamped it with Color Box Gold Ink.

I used the Scalloped Contours Dies to cut out the gold frame.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

"The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow, and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it."
Saint Francis de Sales

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the foil background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried all the tips I read about the dies, but I can't seem to get a clean cut. Yes, I tried the brush, I tried running it through several times, I even tried different paper. I am particularly stuck on the rectangle dies with fancy borders. Any more ideas? thanks so much! Your cards are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Emilie. Have you tried the dryer sheet technique. That's how Sue does it. Here's a link on the how to. Go to about 3 minutes in and watch from there. If you have any questions, let me know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg2ZNplKhz0

      Delete
  3. I am not familiar with that die, but it sure is pretty, especially with the gold behind it! Stunning! Have a great weekend, stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t remember the name of that die but is pretty over the gold! I like the ornate frame for the sentiment too…goes well with that beautiful die cut. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I'm going searching just to see how organized I am...lol!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty card - so elegant in white and gold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love the die cuts and all the gold, very elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! White and gold is so elegant! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that gold is beautiful, a very elegant card, even the inside! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The die on the shiny background looks so elegant, and I like the floral pattern you used in your card. It's perfect for a birthday, but I could easily imagine your creation as a wedding card if you used another sentiment.
    It's also a nice idea to embellish the inside - to me, the big blank space is always a bit intimidating and I never know what to write on it :) Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such an elegant card, Karen - the gold is just beautiful behind the floral die cut. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge! Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...