Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Stampin' Up! Honey Bee Birthday

Hello stamping friends! Today I made this card 

so I could play in LeAnne's CAS Paper Players Challenge 
PP550She outlined three reminders about CAS:
  • minimal layers
  • little to no embellishments
  • lots of clean white space (minimal patterns)
I am not that great at CAS and I'm concerned about the third one. I hope it passes muster! I've been told "white space" does not necessarily have to be white but just plain space. One of these days I'll make it into the CAS world...lol!

My card base is Crushed Curry with a mat of Basic Black. On a piece of Basic White, I stamped two bees from the retired Honey Bee Stamp Set. Out of scrap cardstock, I cut the honeycomb with a die from the retired Detailed Bee Dies, used it as a stencil and sponged it with Crushed Curry ink. I wanted to be sure I was okay with the first reminder! The crown is a stamp from Unity Stamp Company. It's called "all hail the birthday QUEEN" from the Itty Bitty line. (There are two other stamps in this "Itty Bitty" set that I used on the inside.) 

I ended up sponging the rest of the area because I couldn't stand the white. The more I looked at it, I didn't like the white up at the top so I dry embossed it with a retired EF called Honeycomb that SU used to sell. I still didn't like it so I sponged it. Guess I don't like white but I do like sponging and bees! There are NO embellishments on this card so I've got that!!! I was tempted though. Forgive me LeAnne!! 

Here's the inside...

That's CAS...lol!

Thanks for stopping by today and BEE happy! Tomorrow is our weekly blog hop so do come back!

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. 
Proverbs 16:24






8 comments:

  1. LOL, I love this!! It kind of fits with the sketch that I used too, you should enter it there! LOVE the queen sentiment...I might have to go look this set up and add it to my bee collection! Thanks for playing with my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is a beautiful CAS. Love what you did with the background and your bees are perfectly placed. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I like the sentiment stamps and the fact you did the inside with bees as well.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...