Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Stampin' Up! Life is Beautiful Retirement Celebration Card

My friend, Beth, is retiring from Christian counseling this month. She and her husband love the beach and traveling in their camper trailer. He is cutting back to 2 days a week at his job. She doesn't know where the Lord will lead her but I wager it will be something exciting! Here's the card I made for her.


Everything I used to create it is retired with the exception of the Coastal Cabana cardstock and Stitched So Sweetly Dies.

The DSP is from Blooms & Bliss. I stamped the image from Beautiful You on a piece of Kaiserkraft Coastal Escape patterned paper. I also used some for the envelope flap. The sentiment is also from Beautiful You. I did a little paper piecing too for her dress. I added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels as Beth is a "bling" person. My design was inspired by Jan B. The photo is self-explanatory of how to layer it but I have listed the measurements below.

For the inside I used a computer printed sentiment, which is cut out with one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies.


I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for our weekly Thursday Happy Inkin' Blog Hop.

Measurements:

Coastal Cabana Card Base 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Whisper White: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"; 2 3/4" x 4 7/8"; 3" x 3"
Blooms & Bliss: 4" x 5 1/4"; scrap for dress; dotted pattern 2 1/2" x 4 5/8"
Coastal Cabana mats: 2 5/8" x 4 3/4"; 3 1/8" x 3 1/8"
Kaiserkraft mat: 2 7/8" x 2 7/8"



10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the design and how you did the inside sentiment - really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, carefree image and stunning colours!
    Thanks for sharing and joining the Anything Goes challenge at TTCRD.
    Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again soon.
    Winnie Sorensen - TTCRD DT (https://ourcreativemind.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Winnie, for commenting on behalf of TTCRD.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card, Karen. I love the layers, the image and the fact that you chose monochrome for your colour scheme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! Beautiful, beautiful card and that sentiment is really awesome. I just know your friend adored this!

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie...and she did! She keeps my cards on display. What a compliment that is!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...