Monday, December 7, 2020

Stampin' Up! Poinsettia Petals Birthday Card

Are you flying your flag at half staff today? In remembrance of those who lost their lives in Pearl Harbor 79 years ago, we are. If you are interested you can watch the streaming of events here.

My card today is for a December birthday. I used the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set and the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set to create it.


It's another Monday Mystery card and we're on #13! My card base is Just Jade cardstock and measurements are provided below. My snippets are from the Flowers for Every Season Designer Series 6 x 6 pack. I used Poppy Parade ink and Blends, along with Shaded Spruce ink, Layering Circles Dies, an unknown circle die for the silver foil mat. Because I used snippets of DSP, I'm playing with folks from across the pond: Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper December 2020 and Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippets Playground Challenge #392; yes, Di, I'd love to win your chevron die prize!

For the inside...

The flower is from Poinsettia Petals and the sentiment is from Itty Bitty Birthdays.

This is a fun fold card and my inspiration came from Sharon Armstrong.


Here is Meg's creation using the same instructions for putting the supplies together




Basic Black card base.  World of Good Specialty DSP. The images were stamped and die cut with the Beautiful World Bundle, except for the sentiment which was cut with the Tags & Labels dies. The envelope was decorated with the same DSP and the compass was stamped in the lower left corner on the front of the envelope.

Edie's creation...
Basic Black for card base and Sweet Sorbet DSP (retired).  Prized Peony image double stamped with Pool Party ink and cut out with Peony Dies. Adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. Adhere to Stitched Rectangles. Sentiments from Life is Beautiful stamp set.  Holiday Rhinestones Basic Jewels embellished the card front.

I'm also entering my card at Pammie's Inky Pinkies ATG Challenge #2949 and Crafting Happiness Challenge #74 - Mostly Red (although the green is giving it a little competition!).

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew Blog Hop.

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4" and 1 1/4"
DSP: 1" x 5 1/4", 2 3/4" x 5 1/4" (2)
Whisper White or Very Vanilla scrap for image and sentiments
Inside panel: 4" x 5 1/4"
Decorative strip of DSP, if desired on the inside


14 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! I love the S Fold style. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. AND for entering your lovely, festive creation at my challenge blog, Crafting Happiness Challenges. Don't worry about the multiple entries. I fixed it. I'd rather it show up 5 times than not at all. It happens to all of us sometimes. You can enter up to 5 times this week if you have other projects that meet our theme (mostly red). I'd love to see more of your creations over there. Have a fantastic day.
    Merry Christmas!
    :) Janis
    personal blog - Pause Dream Enjoy (.blogspot.com)
    craft blog - Crafting Happiness Challenges (.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janis. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards! I forgot all about that pretty poinsettia paper in the Flowers DSP! Just lovely! We are flying our flag today; it is also the 2 year anniversary of my dad's passing as well as the 45 year anniversary of my grandmother's passing! Lots to think about today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw that paper at first sight during the pre-order, I didn't think I'd ever use it but I love it on this card. Thank you, LeAnne, and I know the pain has eased but not the good memories. I can remember when you were cleaning out his tools. I still haven't done anything with Perry's car collection. My grandmother has been gone 60 years and I still miss her.

      Delete
  3. Fun fun-fold and very pretty result with that gorgeous set! And I love the other samples, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of paper—I need to pull that out—and wonderful fun fold. I enjoy seeing your Mystery Monday cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, plus other examples. Thanks for sharing the info on how it was made. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Karen, especially the snippets one - wonderful colour combination as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Di, for taking time out of your busy schedule to visit and leave a comment.

      Delete
    2. Wow that poinsettia card is stunning.
      Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
      Happy crafting!
      Catherine x DT

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...