Sunday, November 22, 2020

Stampin' Up! Wise Men From Afar Christmas Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps! Yesterday we had a fun afternoon with our friends. We didn't end up playing Cornhole because there was no shade and it wasn't as cool as we had hoped for. Our meal was delicious and we taught them a new board game in between munchies. It's called 5 Straight and I've had it for 50 years.

Today my card is another one we made at card group Thursday. Dottie brought this kit. I hadn't put it together until I got home because I had ink splotches and had to figure out how I was going to hide them. Lo and behold, I go to my retired Christmas stamp sets and I have the exact one Dottie used...Wise Men From Afar! I re-stamped the sentiment and the inside as well...no more ink where it shouldn't be!!


The card base is Shaded Spruce cardstock with a mat of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. The art panel is Whisper White. The wise men are gold heat embossed. The palm tree is stamped in retired Always Artichoke ink. 

The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink and is punched out with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch as is the mat. I adhered the sentiment to the mat with liquid glue and then adhered that to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The star is gold embossed and punched out with a 1" circle punch. The mat is punched with a 1 3/4" punch. I adhered the star to the mat with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the inside...


I stamped another sentiment from Wise Men From Afar on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and used Cherry Cobbler ink. The palm tree is stamped in Old Olive. Now I've got another Christmas card for the books!

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Dragonfly Dreams November 2020 Christmas/Winter Challenge

Crafty Catz #528 ATG with option of Christmas

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #517

Thank you for stopping by today. Tomorrow I'll be sharing our Monday Mystery cards. I hope you'll be back!

14 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love the colors and touches of gold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen. I love this stamp. We always sent Christmas cards with something that reflected the reason for the season. While I like poinsettias, etc., I basically still send Christian cards. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I totally agree with the reason for the season!

      Delete
  3. So pretty, Karen. I love how you highlighted the star and your gold embossing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful card with your embossing, thank you for sharing your work with Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tilly, for your comment on behalf of CCC.

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ilonka, for commenting on behalf of DDC.

      Delete
  6. A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams Christmas/winter challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...