Monday, November 16, 2020

Stampin' Up! Whale Done Birthday Card

It's that time of the week again...Mystery Monday. This is my 10th time doing this with my stamping friends and they are still enjoying it. I'm going to show you all of our cards first and explain more about them in the photos, leaving my details at the end of my post.

My card...


Meg's card...

The card base is Balmy Blue. The WW layer has been embossed with the Dainty Diamonds EF. The focal point is made of varying sizes of the layering circle dies using Pacific Point, Highland Heather, and Balmy Blue CS. The sentiment was created using the Peace & Joy bundle with Granny Apple Green CS and ink. Meg said she cased Melissa Miller's card. She used all the colors in the challenge.


Edie's card...

Edie's card base card is Blueberry Bushel (retired) and is a substitute for Pacific Point. She said she was fortunate to find DSP from the “Best Dressed” Pack (retired) that has 3 of the 4 colors (or close enough). Her card is a "W Fold" so I've included a photo of the inside. It was her first time making this fold and credits Lisa Curcio for the instructions. The sentiments are from “Here’s A Card” stamp set.

Sue's card...
Sue used the retired Artistically Asian Stamp Set for her background image. There's some Night of Navy, Balmy Blue and Pacific Point involved too.

So, my sleuthing readers, have you figured out the mystery card colors? Let's see if you are right...
Thank you, Beth McCullough, for your inspiration and thank you my three friends for playing along with me.

Now, back to my card and it's description...

My card base is Highland Heather card stock. I cut a panel of the same color and embossed it with the Seabed 3D EF. I cut a mat of Pacific Point and adhered it to the card front with liquid glue.

Then, I cut three strips of Whale of a Time DSP (a/k/a snippets for Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #390 and Di knows how much I want to win her prize!)  I adhered them over the Pacific Point mat with liquid glue. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock, stamped it with the fish, bubbles and sentiment from the Whale Done Stamp Set. I used Balmy Blue Ink, Granny Apple Green Ink, Highland Heather Ink and Pacific Point Ink. I also sponged the art panel with Balmy Blue Ink. I adhered it over the DSP strips with Stampin' Dimensionals. Three Iridescent Pearls were added and the card front was finished.

Since I have more than three layers on my card, I'm also entering it in the Scribbles Designs Challenge #94 - "Layer It Up".

For the inside...

Using a piece of Gina K Masking Magic, I punched the whale out with the Whale Punch and placed it in the corner. I stamped the sea grass in Granny Apple Green Ink, removed the mask and then stamped the whale in Pacific Point Ink. The sentiment is stamped with Highland Heather Ink. I stamped the envelope whale in Balmy Blue; of course, the flap received a piece of DSP so that it was not "nekkid"!


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll leave me a comment to let me know if you are enjoying the mystery cards.

Measurements:

Card base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Embossed Mat: 4" x 5 1/4"
Sentiment Mat: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Sentiment Panel: 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
DSP: 3/4" x 3 3/4" (3)
Inner Liner: 4" x 5 1/4"

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

18 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the embossed background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work Karen - you really are a great card maker - I love the blue, geen and purple as partners. They almost sing!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely group of cards! I'm probably a little biased but...I like yours the best! Very fun design! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I always like yours the best out of the DT that you are on, but don't tell them...lol!

      Delete
  4. https://threelittleferns.com/2016/10/pumpkin-apple-dog-treats.html

    Recipe for dog treats! I would either halve the mixture or bake them all at once - the defrosted mix comes out really crumbly, I had to bake them in mini muffin cases for the second batch and in truth they're more like lumpy muesli than biscuits. Sigh. BUT, Dudley still loves them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Di. I have the perfect dog to make them for!

      Delete
  5. Oh Karen your card is just AWESOME! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green/purple combo and that you decorated the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at the Artsystamper Challenge! kReN on the DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your projects especially the W card inside. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge! kReM@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and the embossed background is a super touch. Thanks for joining us at ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS
    Good luck and we hope you join us again soon
    Hugs, Barbara - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I love the little fishes and also that they are also on the strips of paper in the background. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment on behalf of Scribbles.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...