Monday, November 2, 2020

Stampin' Up! Poinsettia Petals Holiday Card

I'm holding off on my Mystery Monday card until tomorrow because my teammate, Karen Ksenzakovic, made a card last week and I wanted to give it a go. She said it was easy peasy and quick. I wasn't sure about it but I followed her instructions and here is my end result using the Poinsettia Petals Stamp Set and matching Poinsettia Dies. You might even need to wear your sunglasses at night! (You're welcome, Mary...lol!!)


Quite an unusual color for a Christmas card, yes? It's one of the 2020 - 2022 In Colors, Magenta Madness, and I have used very little of it. I chose this color for a color challenge. However, when I went back to the Just Add Ink Color Challenge #529, there was a color missing in action!


It's quite obvious Misty Moonlight was MIA! I didn't want to remake the card so I just got out my Light and Dark Misty Moonlight Blends and colored the poinsettia and gave it a Misty Moonlight pearl center! Hey, if you're gonna have a pink Christmas card, you might as well have a blue poinsettia, right? I'm also entering my card in Pammie's Inky Pinkies ATG Challenge #2044. I have found a new challenge to me: Creations In Pink #27. My card definitely qualifies for that!


I thought about removing the flower and stamping it in Misty Moonlight but I didn't want to rip the Winter Snow embossed piece by pulling off the Stampin' Dimensionals. Coloring was the best way for me to go. 

The sentiment is cut with a die from Ornate Frames and adhered with Dimensionals. The DSP is a strip from the Feels Like Frost 6 x 6 pack. My ribbon is the Silver Metallic Edge. It also comes with a Gold Edge. I wrapped it around the fold before I glued it shut to itself. I also added three smaller Pearl Basic Jewels.

The inside is clean and simple...


The envelope received a Feels Like Frost strip and a stamped poinsettia. My upline and friend, Mary, has a saying, "No nekkid envelopes." You'll hear me quote her often and she's right. It adds so much more thought in mailing it out.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll try this fold. It truly is easy peasy! Thanks, Karen K., for sharing your instructions.

"Walking by faith means being prepared to trust where we are not permitted to see." 
John Blanchard

Curvy Celebrations will be available for purchase TOMORROW,  November 3. Click here  for a full size printable PDF.


Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. So pretty in Pink! Love the embossed card front - gives just a little extra without being over the top. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I love that fun fold. Good use of that shiny paper and embossing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I received your lovely birthday card. Thank you for thinking of me and I'm so glad I received it at the NC address...it gives me hope that next year I'll have a permanent NC address!!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty card Karen :) Love the embossing on the card front, adds just enough extra. I'm so happy you tried this super easy fun fold and I appreciate the mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen. I'm glad you shared how to do it!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! They are both so pretty Karen. Love the embossing and predominate use of Magenta. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink is such a pretty colour base. I love your delicate embossing and shiny silver boarder. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the magenta you've used and colouring the flower Misty Moonlight makes it really pop! Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just simply lovely! So glad you shared it with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...