Sunday, October 4, 2020

Stampin' Up! Game On Happiest of Birthdays

Good Sunday morning, peeps! Did y'all get to watch demonstrators make cards for World Card Making Day yesterday? I was glued to Amy Koenders' team (she is one of my uplines) who made cards on the hour from 9 to 8. They were all gorgeous and the team members did a fantastic job.  I was in my own little spot in Murphy, NC and here is what I made in between their breaks...


Yeppers, another masculine card! I used the Game On Stamp Set and the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set to create it. Here's how it was constructed...

Card Base - Crumb Cake stamped in Crumb Cake with one of the stamps from Game On 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"

Four 2" x 2" squares from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper

4 1/4" piece of Faux Suede Ribbon

4 1/4" x 1/2" strip of Very Vanilla with swallowtails I cut

Scalloped mat (Layering Circles Dies) of more In Good Taste DSP

Very Vanilla (Layering Circles Dies) stamped third generation in Crumb Cake using an image from the Game On Stamp Set and the sentiment from Happiest of Birthdays stamped in Early Espresso

The inside is clean and simple...


Stamp the chess pieces second generation Crumb Cake on a 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock

Stamp the sentiment full strength 

Adhere to an Early Espresso mat 4" x 5 1/4"

I'm going to be re-making this card as I'm not totally thrilled with it. I was hoping for a monochromatic challenge but couldn't find one. However, at A Perfect Time to Craft, it's always an open, always anything goes theme and they're up to Challenge #10 already. This year is flying by like there's no tomorrow!

Welcome back to Lisa from the Papercraft Challenge...I missed you...so I'm doing the optional challenge #32 Anything Goes. I brought nothing with me to create an interactive card for the October theme challenge.

I'm also playing at Watercooler Wednesday: WWC291 Anything Goes. I love that there's a 5th Wednesday for that!


Thank you for stopping by today and tomorrow is another Mystery Monday card so I hope you'll be back.
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Cool card - fun design that really shows off that In Good Taste DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool design Karen! Love the background papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don’t have trouble making masculine cards like I do! This is a good use of that paper! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome masculine card Karen :) Great design showing off the DSP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masuline design! I love its monochromatic palette!

    We are so happy you could join us & we hope to see you again in the next Papercraft Business Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Papercraft Business

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.

    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on a masculine card! Love the clean-and-simple inside. I always struggle with masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...