Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Stampin' Up! Brightly Gleaming Birthday Card

Good Tuesday morning, peeps! Can you believe there are only four more days in October and only 59 days until Christmas! Therefore, I brought out the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (Christmas themed) to create a not-so-much Christmas card. Yeppers, I'm calling it a masculine birthday card!


My card base is Whisper White Thick Card Stock with a mat of Night of Navy Card Stock.

My friend, LeAnne, introduced me to a new challenge yesterday so I ran a piece of Copper Foil through my embossing machine with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder (because I thought that looked kind of rhombusy or trapezoidy!). Therefore, I can now officially play at Let's Squash It! It's Gail and Jo's first challenge so I hope you'll pay them a visit.


Then I cut three mats of Night of Navy and three Brightly Gleaming rectangles (definitely geometric!) to center on my card to fulfill the challenge at The Paper Players PP514 Sketch by Jaydee. My inspiration came from Ann Marie Hile.


I stamped the sentiment from Happiest of Days on a scrap of Whisper White using Night of Navy ink. I cut it out with a die from Tasteful Labels Dies. I used the same die to cut out a Night of Navy mat, which I cut in half and glued to the back of the sentiment. I used a copper Star Designer Element for the point of the exclamation! I adhered the sentiment with Stampin Dimensionals.

I adhered another piece of Night of Navy to the card base. I used another sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp set stamped on a Whisper White panel in Night of Navy.


I love making masculine cards and I'm happy that Make My Monday Challenge #184 is a masculine theme chosen by Wei.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll visit tomorrow.

Card Cuts:

Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score and fold at 4 1/4"
Night Of Navy Mat: 5 1/4" x 4" (2); 1 3/8" x 2 3/8" (3); scrap 3" x 1 1/2"
Copper Foil: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
DSP: 1 1/4" x 2 1/4" (3)
Whisper White: 5" x 3 3/4"; 3" x 1 1/2"



Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. Ooooooh yummy with the copper embossing. Love your rhomboidies LOL. A beautiful card with the copper navy combo. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gail, for leaving a comment on behalf of your inaugural LSI challenge.

      Delete
  2. Cool card Karen! Love the embossed copper background under the navy paper, perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat card! Love that embossed metallic - and the coordinating DSP rectangles are great! Perfect way to spotlight the sentiment, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is AWESOME! I predict a winner for sure! That EF is fabulous with the copper paper! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnne. I hope you're right. I've had quite a dry spell!

      Delete
  5. Always gotta love a rhomboid or two! Your card is great - so classy and elegant. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It Challenge #1, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, love all that wonderful shine and that this card could be used for either gender. Great take on our sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jaydee, for leaving a comment on behalf of TPP.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...