Monday, September 28, 2020

Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Anniversary Mystery Card

Welcome to Mystery Monday again. Another person in our card group decided to join our "virtual" weekly card making. I'll show you what they created farther on down. This week they only had one clue to follow because I was in the process of packing up for NC.  They could use three at a minimum and could add neutrals. They could also substitute close colors if they didn't have these.

Yesterday would have been my 51st wedding anniversary so I thought it appropriate to make an anniversary card if my husband were still alive. I am sending it to a couple whose birthdays are the same day so they got married that day. Therefore, they never forget each other's birthday nor their anniversary! Perry always remembered ours and I always forgot. One year when we were having a garage sale, getting ready to move to Florida, we both forgot! So, without further ado, here's my creation...



I used the Heartfelt Bundle (save 10% on Bundling!) to create the front of my card, along with the splatter from the Forever Fern Stamp Set.

   

Once again I forgot to take a picture of the inside before I signed it. What are you going to do with me? I used the "love & laughter forever after" stamp. The "happy anniversary" is from the retired Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set. For those who don't know, "Gene" is my son who lives with me and is friends with this couple as well. The strip of paper is from an Avery Elle stack that I inherited from Carole.


Meg chose to use Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper and the Bloom and Grow Stamp Set. Isn't her bow just beautiful?!! Her card is so colorful and I love how she used the Magenta Madness.



and here's Edie's (welcome Edie!) ...

Edie used the same DSP as Meg but used the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set and did a gatefold card. Love it!

I must admit I can't contain my excitement for these ladies participating in the mystery challenge to support me and my friend, Jeannie, as she blooms and grows in hopes that her next birthday will be memorable...as it might not have been. You can read about her at Dragonfly Journeys #139 Encouragement & Celebration, where I'm entering her challenge for the second time.

Thank you, Beth, for the color inspiration!

I'm also entering my card in the Always Anything Goes Challenge #68 at Crafting Happiness (I'd love it if you'd visit and click "like" on my card entry!) and at Pammie's Inky Pinkies ATG Challenge #2039.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope to see you again tomorrow.





11 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Love the little hearts, those colors are perfect for it! :) Hope that you're enjoying your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! They'll love it, I'm sure. Wanye and I ROUTINELY forget our Anniversary. Like...nearly every year! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary, and that's funny about you and Wayne.

      Delete
  3. These are all lovely! Not sure how the mystery thing works but it looks like fun! Hope you're having a nice time in NC. And I am the forgetful one when it comes to our anniversary. It's in January after Christmas and New Year's, and it just sort of sneaks up on me....John is much better at remembering than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne. I have a schedule for giving clues during the week and the participants construct their cards as I give the clues. There are many demos who do Mystery Stamping.

      Delete
  4. So bright an cheery Karen :) Very pretty. I'm sure Perry is with you in spirit. He'll always be in your heart no matter where you are. You signed the card Karen & Gene, that's my husbands name lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Not sure if you'll see this reply but my father's name was Eugene, his father, my brother (his ex-wife was Jean), my daughter's husband, his father, his grandfather and great-grandfather. We come from a line of good gene's...lol!

      Delete
  5. Hi Karen! These are are beautiful and I love the anniversary card. I know Perry will forever be in your heart.

    Hugs my friend ~
    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeannie, for taking the time to comment...and yes, he will!

      Delete
  6. Such great creations. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...