Sunday, September 6, 2020

Stampin' Up! Harvest Hellos Well Said New Home Card

We have friends who sold their home in our community awhile back and they missed our community so much, they've returned home. I made them a card to represent how my son and I feel about that and to reflect the colors of their home. Sweet Stampin' has an "anything but a birthday card" challenge so I'm throwing my card into the ring!

 

There are so many stamps and embossing folders I could have used for the card but I chose to limit myself to seven and two respectively! If you are an avid Stampin' Up! stamper, I know you can identify sets I didn't use!! This card went through many changes in design and orientation. The orientation due to creator error...you know how that goes...tell me you haven't done a landscape front and a portrait inner...lol!!!

Wanna see it? Good, cuz I want to show you the front...


Fish are critters, right? I thought so!! Thus, I'm entering them in the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #42 challenge. My card base is Smokey Slate with a So Saffron embossed mat and a Smokey Slate embossed mat. My Time to Craft has an embossing challenge #440 so I'm entering my card there. The sentiments are stamped in Basic Gray on Whisper White card stock, punched out with the Classic Label Punch and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The fish are from the retired By the Tide Stamp Set. I did some reverse stamping with my Stamparatus and Silicone Craft Sheet.  I gave them a little color with my Dark So Saffron Stampin' Blends. I die cut them with one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.

I did the inside three times, once for the orientation and once because the gazebo was falling into the water. In our community, we have four lakes (ponds in NYS!) and I have lived across from the first one for 17 years. My friends lived across from the second one, which has a dock and a gazebo. Now mind you, our gazebo does not look like it's falling into the water! This piece got trashed!!


So I redid it for the third time and I don't like certain aspects of it but I was not about to do it a 4th time! At least the gazebo is stable!



The sentiment is from Well Said and the loggerhead turtle, which we have in the lake, is from Whale Done.

Here's the real irony of this card...I drove by yesterday and they had removed the fish and painted the shutters white! They'll have to live with my colors and my oopsies because I am not deep sixing it!

Supplies I used:

Stamp Sets:

By the Dock
Harvest Hellos
High Tide
My Meadow
Well Said
Whale Done
By the Tide (retired)

Embossing Folders:

Dainty Diamonds 3D
Tasteful Textile 3D

Dies:

Stitched So Sweetly







10 comments:

  1. Cute card, glad that your neighbors returned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card- inside and out! Your patience paid off in the end with a wonderful card to welcome back your neighbours. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice your community must be that the neighbours returned. A super card and great fish - I liked them going and coming. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with the embossing and reverse stamping with the fish. The inside looks great with that dock and water. Sorry you had to try it 3 times. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for returning friends! They'll love your wonderful card, Karen. And yes. I have done every possible combination of wrong innards for cards. Yep!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...