Friday, September 11, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Gold Celebrate Sunflowers Card


19 years later...what have we Americans learned?

Two of my favorite quotes:

“Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirit of unity that followed 9/11.”
President Obama in a 2011 radio address

“If we learn nothing else from this tragedy, we learn that life is short and there is no time for hate.”
Sandy Dahl, wife of Flight 93 pilot Jason Dahl, in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, in 2002

Some of us Americans have learned nothing and it saddens me. I don't usually voice my opinions but I feel the stamping world is a safe haven. There are so many kind people I have met through stamping and we have no time for hate as we are exercising our God-given talents to encourage others, uplift sagging spirits and share the joy of our craft. With such unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, here is what one man did to spread joy...kudos to him!

I hope my card today brings you joy and that you will take a moment to remember those who are still grieving.


My design is inspired by Freshly Made Sketches.

I used my Stampin' Blends to color the sunflowers. I layered the sentiment on a punch out from the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Paper and added Champagne Basic Jewels. If you have any questions on how I created my card, just give me a shout and I'll be happy to answer as long as I have your email address. 

Thank you for stopping by today and I know you are remembering!

Late addition: Joy of Sets is requesting help and I'm on it! It's a Tic Tac Toe Challenge and I'm all about helping using the right side going down.

17 comments:

  1. A lovely card Karen. We here in the UK also remember 9/11 with sadness. Len worked at Reuters in London and could see it all unfolding on the banks of TV news screens around him. I remember the rail journey back home that evening (I too worked in London) - there was complete shocked silence amongst all the passengers. What a world indeed. As you say, there is solace and comfort in crafting and it does feel like a safe place.

    Love

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Karen! Love the sunflower fields in Wisconsin too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card for a wonderful tribute for so many... love the fields of sunflowers and other flowers that he planted to spread kindness. Such a wonderful way to spread sunshine! Thanks for joining in the #JOSTTT021 challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angie, for leaving a comment on behalf of Joy of Sets.

      Delete
  4. This is lovely...I love the way you used the diagonal layout in your design...looks perfect. Thanks for entering this in the Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Beverly aka Artsystamper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - the gold accents are stunning. (And I so agree with our role in the stamping world to encourage and to spread joy!). Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim, for leaving a comment on behalf of FMS.

      Delete
  6. It's hard to believe it's nearly 20 years ago - I remember watching it unfold live here in the UK - two years later I was living in Texas - I never quite managed to get to New York and always wanted to. Your card is a fitting tribute and so beautiful - thank you for sharing with us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona, for your comment on behalf of JOSTTT.

      Delete
  7. Hi Karen, I'm here in the UK and I remember that day so clearly, watching the full horror unfold as I was getting ready to collect my little ones from School. Your card is beautiful. I think the whole world is in need of those Sunflowers, and what they represent, just now. Thanks for joining in with out #JOSTTT021 challenge this month and for bringing a little sunshine to my day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you did the middle of the card and the gold goes so great with all sunflowers. thanks for joininf us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did in the center of the card and the gold goes so well with the sunflowers. Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...