Saturday, July 18, 2020

Stampin' Up! Way to Goat Birthday Card

Silly Saturday time and the Way to Goat stamp set is the star.


My card base is Early Espresso. I punched a circle with the 1 1/2" Circle Punch out of a piece of Pool Party. I ran it through my embossing machine using the Pinewood Planks EF. I also cut a strip of wood grain paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.

Then I got busy stamping, coloring and cutting the goats and sentiments. The two colors I used in order to enter my card at Color My Heart Color Dare #403 are Pool Party and Poppy Parade.



To color the goats and flower, I used my Light and Dark Stampin' Blends: Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Gray Granite and Smoky Slate. Black & White = Gray :-) I popped the one goat through the hole and adhered the mat to the card base.  Then I adhered the DSP.

I stamped the sentiments on scrap Whisper White and cut them out with the Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered the second goat with Dimensionals and adhered the sentiments with liquid glue.

For the inside, I kept it simple...


The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso and the goat the same but stamped off once.

I'd also like to enter my card in these challenges:


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.



34 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love those crazy goats, great sentiments too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific creation! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of CMHCD.

      Delete
  3. Oh my - this is adorable! Love the goat with the flower peeking out of the "window"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I like the fun animal theme and your addition of the wood pattern and embossing looks great! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. These goats are adorable. Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! This is too cute. I love it. Between Amy, Mary and you, you've got me wanting this set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen...we do enable each other, don't we!

      Delete
  7. Love the goats! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, Karen. I love the goats! How adorable and so well-coloured, too. The two colours and opposing vertical and horizontal patterns of the front of the card work beautifully together. Thanks so much for sharing with us for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a func card Karen. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card with those cute goats, Karen! Love the idea of using all the brown!! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. I'm thankful for the opportunity to join.

      Delete
  11. Your goats are the cutest! Really fun card. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute - adore those goats! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness, these goats are just so stinkin' cute! The card layout is adorable too and I love that you decorate the inside too. Not everyone does but I think it really finishes the card. Thank you so much for playing along at 2CCC and I hope you come back with another entry real soon!
    ~Karen Page, DT for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
    Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the embossed woodgrain and color against the deep brown woodgrain...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute are those goats? Such a fun birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these crazy goats, Karen! I also like the way you mixed the wood grain papers. Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare #403.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie, for leaving a comment on behalf of CMHCD.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...