Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Fern Anniversary Card

Wow, it's the middle of the week already! Hope all is going well with you.

My daughter and son-in-love celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary July 25 and I used the Forever Fern Cling Stamp Set, Forever Gold Laser Cut Papers, and one of the Greenery Embossing Folders that are in the Forever Greenery Suite Collection. My inspiration came from Lyssa Zwolanek.


My card base is Whisper White Thick card stock. I ran a piece of Whisper White card stock through my embossing machine twice with the Greenery EF. I adhered the Forever Gold Laser Cut ferns and leaves with liquid glue to the embossed piece. I put Dimensionals on the back of that piece and attached it to the card front.

On a scrap of Whisper White I stamped the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings with VersaMark ink. I heat embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and set it with my heat tool. I cut it out with one of the Tasteful Labels Dies and adhered it to a Gold Foil piece cut out with a larger Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered that to the card front with Dimensionals.

On the inside, I cut a frame out of Gold Foil using one of the Ornate Layers Dies.


I cut a rectangle from that same set out of Whisper White card stock. Before I did that, I used the Forever Fern Stamp Set sentiment, stamping in VersaMark ink and heat setting it using Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and my heat tool. I think embossing powder is considered and embellishment, at least I hope so. It's just fascinating to watch the powder melt as heat is applied. I adhered everything with liquid glue.

This could easily be a golden anniversary card but since their age prevents them from celebrating that one probably, I decided it could be used for a 5th!

I'm entering my card at:




Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

8 comments:

  1. Oh - this is stunning! So clean and elegant. They're going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. They were very appreciative.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the gold touches on the white background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is strikingly beautiful.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant card Karen. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that gold fern frond. So elegant. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and elegant, Karen! Those gold leaves are striking!! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...