Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Stampin' Up! Botanical Prints Medley Friendship Card

Welcome to Wednesday's card. As you know, if you are following me, I only brought a few supplies with me on vacation. I came across two challenges in which I improvised a tad...not so much the sketch challenge, but the color challenge. I'll show you what I mean.


No problem with the FabFri189 sketch challenge!


My card base is Seaside Spray with a mat of Pretty Peacock. I colored my fruit with my Light Pineapple Punch Stampin' Blends and my Light Terracotta Tile Stampin' Blends. The patterned paper is one from the kit.

The sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock with a stamp from the kit on a banner from the kit. I colored around the edge with my Dark Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Marker, cut off the one end to make it straight and adhered it with Dimensionals.

Now I'll show you the color challenge...

I was okay with Pretty Peacock mat being the first color, Balmy Blue base with being the second color, Pineapple Punch for the third but I wasn't happy with the Terracotta Tile for the pinks. So, in addition to the pink around the edge of the banner, which I mentioned above, I took a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine, ran it through my Terracotta Tile ink pad, wiped it down with a paper towel and came up with a two-toned bow and inky fingers! Then I was happy...hopefully Always Fun Challenges #162 Color Inspiration will approve!

The inside is not finished as I have no idea how it will be used. I only have birthday stamps and thank you stamps with me, along with stamps from three kits I brought.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow to travel with us on our Happy Inkin' weekly blog hop.


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I think it's pretty close to the challenge colors!! Like the design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our sketch was made to show off great DSP and you did it really well. I like the pop of yellow! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun citrus card - way to go coloring all that! Love that print, makes for a perfect background for our sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...