Saturday, April 4, 2020

Stampin' Up! Timeless Tropical Oasis

A lot of you are working from home these days and that removes a little stress from driving in work traffic or commuting on a train or subway. OR, you could be retiring. Therefore, my card today is for you!


I used Crushed Curry for my card base, matching ink, a patterned paper from the Tropical Oasis Designer Series, a pineapple trinket and stamps from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set and Tasteful Textures Stamp Set.

The outside portion of the card took minutes. The inside took what seemed like hours! I just couldn't get the stamped pineapples lined up. I tried doing it with my Stamparatus, my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, measuring with a ruler...seven attempts...and on the 8th attempt I said, "It is what it is!" and in the words of Frozen, I "Let it Go!"

You adhere the top part of the rectangle to the upper fold, line up the bottom strip and adhere the bottom of the rectangle to that and then the card flips open. I have no idea if this is called a particular type of design but if you know, please tell me in a comment. TIA!

The front measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 6 1/4", score and fold at 2" for top flap.
DSP for top: 5 1/4" x 1 3/4"

Rectangular Panel: 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" solid card stock
DSP: 2" x 3"

Bottom solid card strip: 5 1/2" x 1"
DSP: 5 1/4" x 3/4"

Here's the villain...


If you have any suggestions on how to get these pineapples lined up, I'd really appreciate that as I'd like to create more but not if I have to work as hard without success!

Thanks for stopping by today and I look forward to your visit tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love that designer paper and pineapple embellishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great from here...a lovely way to use these sentiments and images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty - love this fun fold! And...try your Stamparatus - do a hinge step with the stamp....??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I never thought about the hinge step...duh! I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

      Delete
  4. Try drawing a light pencil mark on the three sides of the "open" area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marciene. I did that and I still couldn't get it right...lol!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...