Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Stampin' Up! A Good Man Birthday Card

I needed a masculine birthday card for one of my Sunday School peeps so I brought out the A Good Man Stamp Set and CASE'd one of my team mate's cards. Thank you, Jaimie, for the inspiration!

Here's my card...


You can see Jaimie's card here

I started out with a card base of Crumb Cake, cut another piece of Crumb Cake and ran it through my embossing machine with the Pinewood Planks 3D EF. I adhered that to the card front with liquid glue.

Then I cut a piece of Night of Navy Card Stock for my mat behind the piece of DSP from Come Sail Away. 

I stamped the image from A Good Man on a piece of Very Vanilla, using Crumb Cake Ink. I colored the chair with my Dark Mossy Meadow Blend, his hat with Light Night of Navy Blend, his shirt with Light and Dark Soft Suede Blends, his skin with the Ivory Blend, his shorts with Light NON, and the water with the Light Seaside Spray Blend. I stamped the sentiment in NON and cut him out with a die from the Stitched Nested Labels set. I adhered him to the front with Dimensionals.

Here's the inside...


I used stamps from A Good Man, Enjoy Life, Timeless Tropical and Clubhouse. The man is a no-nonsense, no frills guy so I left it at that!

I'm entering my card at Repeat Impressions Anything Goes Challenge ~ A2220, The Sisterhood of Crafters: Happy Birthday and at The Spot Theme Challenge #107 Birthday.

If you have time to visit these three sites, you'll find wonderful designs, colors and some fun folds!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our weekly Happy Inkin' Blog Hop.

16 comments:

  1. What a great masculine birthday card! He looks SO relaxed lol! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love this design and the colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card, I've almost ordered this set several times! Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. Great "guy" card - I love that newsprint-y DSP. He totally looks to be chillin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun masculine card! thanks for sharing it over at THTSB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie, for leaving a comment on behalf of THTSB.

      Delete
  6. What a great man card - something my hubby would like. Thank you for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous masculine card!! Love the color combo and that fabulous paper! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely LOVE your card Karen! It totally looks like it could have been made for my hubby with the baseball printed paper behind it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Spot this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina, for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment on behalf of The Spot.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...