Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Stampin' Up! Sending Thoughts Waterfall Card

Good morning! I was hoping to use my Scan N Cut for my card today but I'm waiting to hear from Brother as to why my card stock is sticking to the mat leaving pieces behind. I can't even get them off with the spatula. If you have one, you know what I'm talking about.

One of my VERY lofty goals is to clean up odds and ends that have accumulated in my work space. I need to do that because Chester has to do this...
and I need to sit there! I spent the afternoon cleaning so now he can walk freely on the work area!!

I thought I had finished all my waterfall cards but I found loose squares and a half made card. So, I created this card that I'll use for an anniversary card.


Once I glued the squares (Repeat Impressions stamps) in their appropriate sequence, I stamped the leaves from the Rooted in Nature Stamp Set in 8 different shades of Stampin' Up! greens on the Whisper White mat. I stamped the greeting from Itty Bitty Greetings in the lower left corner. The following photos show the "waterfall effect". Repeat Impressions call the technique a "flip card".




I used the Sending Thoughts Stamp Set to stamp my greeting inside. I had some loose embossed hearts that I glued to the inside. They were stamped months ago from the Meant to Be Stamp Set and cut with the Be Mine Stitched Dies, I think.


I made other waterfall cards in November and December with a link to a "how to" video. The Irish one that I made in December made the recipient smile. I'm hoping that this one will too as the recipients are from the north and they were used to seasons. Here in SWFL we have summer, summer, summer and summer with a tad of cool weather in December/January that is hit or miss! I think this technique is flippin' cute (see what I did there!) with the cascading changes in the trees. I'm playing again at Try it on Tuesday: What a cutie/Make Someone Smile today.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll return tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have never been able to get the hang of these (well, I've never really tried) because they always seem to be so fiddly when I try to manuever them! Good for you for creating them so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness he'll be able to walk freely across your work area! Poor guy - relegated to the chair. ;) Fun card, Karen - I'm going to have to try one of them one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I'm sure whatever you make with that technique will be beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Pretty card! Love the waterfall with the tree through the seasons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card - it made me smile! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...