Friday, December 27, 2019

Stampin' Up! Meets Gina K. for a Birthday Party

TGIF! My late husband always texted our daughter every Friday morning without fail. I have tried to carry on that tradition with a little angel emoji after it. I utterly fail because sometimes I forget it's Friday so I either text in the afternoon or on Saturday. If I don't remember until Saturday, the text is THIS (Thank heaven it's Saturday)! But you're here to look at a card, right? Well, here ya go!!


As you can see, I did a mirror image of the design because I had no choice! It was the way the paper had to be cut. Let me explain...

The art piece is from Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates. There were three images on one sheet and because of the circle diameter I chose, the die cut off the right side. Perfect for the challenge! (almost!!)


I took that piece and ran it through my laminator using Gina K.'s Sparkling Silver Fancy Foils. The background is foiled using the Where's the Party background Foil-Mates.

I tried to capture the beauty of the foil from different directions.

Not the greatest, but I think you get the picture...see what I did there! I just love this process and it's so easy.

So, what's Stampin' Up!? Why the card stock, ink and dies, of course! ... Balmy Blue for the base and sponged ink on the Whisper White, and Night of Navy for the Layering Circles Dies scalloped mat.

You'll be seeing more of this heat-foiled technique, trust me! 

I'm also playing at Creative Knockouts: #330 - Celebrations

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll have time to visit Inspire.Create to see the Design Team's fantastic creations and also stop by Creative Knockouts to view their team projects.

2 comments:

  1. Fun card!! Love the colors. And - I know your daughter appreciates the thought whether its TGIF or TGIS!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...