Monday, December 9, 2019

Stampin' Up! Feels Like Frost December Birthday

Good morning, afternoon, or evening whenever you are reading this post! 

My card today is a CASE of the card I made for Jari on Thursday. I had a request from a friend to make a December birthday card. She saw my post on my FB page so she asked for that one. Since I never make a card exactly the same, I created this for her.

The mat is a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of DSP from Feels Like Frost, which will be in the 2020 Holiday Catalog. I cut a piece of Silver Foil 1/2" x 5" and a piece of 3/8" Silver Metallic Edged ribbon 12" to wrap around the seam and tied a bow. I adhered the card front to the card base with liquid glue.

After rubbing my embossing buddy on a scrap of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink. I sprinkled it with Silver Emboss Powder and heat set it. I punched it out with the Everyday Label punch and edged it with my Pretty Peacock Stampin' Write Marker. I adhered it to the card front with Dimensionals. The "December" is from a retired Paper Pumpkin kit. The "Happy" and "Birthday" are from the Well Said Stamp set.

To bling it up a bit and mimic ice on the tree branches, I added three Basic Rhinestone jewels.

This is my favorite design in this patterned paper pack and I have two pieces left. I'm thrilled that it is returning next year.

I'm entering my card at Double Trouble Paper Crafting #44 Wrap It Up. Thing 1 is using patterned paper, Thing 3 is adding a ribbon, and for Thing 2, they are partnering with ArtsyStamper Digitals Challenge #5 Winter Holidays theme. Now, you may think that a birthday is not a holiday BUT, when that person has been given the day off from work, that's a holiday! The power company my father worked for always gave birthdays off as holidays!!


Thank you for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful design paper makes a very CAS card with just a few embellishments...stunning card and a Birthday in December is certainly considered a Holiday. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and ArtsyStamper. Please come back and join us at Double Trouble for future fun challenges with Thing 1, 2 and 3 and who we may be partnering with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Suzanne. I appreciate your leaving a comment on behalf of DT.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen! A December birthday! Perfect for our holiday challenge! Thanks so much for entering it in our Artsystamper Digitals Challenge! Good luck in the draw,
    Bev aka Artsystamper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card, Karen! I know all about a December birthday and I say it's a holiday! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #44.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...