Monday, November 4, 2019

Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature Sympathy Card

Good Monday morning! I've CASED Dawn Griffith's card today. For those new to "CASE", it means "copy and share everything". Some say it means "copy and selectively edit". I chose to do both today!

Before I get started, I'd like to enter my card at The Paper Players PP466. Anne Marie's challenge is Into the Woods.

I used the Rooted in Nature stamp set and the  Flourishing Phrases stamp set to create my first one, which is "selectively edited".



I was commissioned to create three father sympathy cards. The father was a Little League coach, a member of the Rod and Gun Club and retired from the Navy so I tried to keep his interests as the theme of my creations. I thought R & G Club is usually woodsy so that's why I went with the Rooted in Nature. I'll be posting the other two in the next few days. He left behind three sons who were devoted to him.


Measurements and partial list of products will be at the end of my post.

This is the "everything" card. In addition to the Rooted in Nature stamp set, the sentiment is from the retired Lasting Lily stamp set.





This card is for another time another person. It's so difficult to create these cards and I'm thankful for Dawn's inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by today. I've enjoyed your visit! If you have any questions, just let me know in a comment.

Measurements:

  • Basic Gray card card base cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
  • Basic Black mat cut at 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″  
  • Whisper White cut at 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ (art panel)  and 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside mat)
Partial Product List:

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! The colors are fantastic, love the design too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Karen, but don't tell me Flourishing Phrases is retired! I use it all the time if that is the case I did not know it guess I must have over looked it when going through the list.🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley, for that correction. I hope I didn't have ESP! I changed my post!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely cards! That sponged sun is gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I'm thinking about trying a sunset next.

      Delete
  4. Your silhouetted tree stands out beautifully against the yellow sky and I love the stamped detail to your base too. A very fitting sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanne, for leaving a comment on behalf of TPP.

      Delete
  5. This is such a heartfelt sympathy card. I love the tree silhouette against the yellow sky. Always difficult to make cards for this occasion, but this is gorgeous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire, for leaving a comment on behalf of TPP.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...