Sunday, November 24, 2019

Dahlia Fold Flower Retirement Card

This is the third and last card we made at Sue's on Thursday. There is no way I can give you instructions for it. She helped us step-by-step! BUT, thanks to the wonderful internet, here is a tutorial by Tracy Bradley. What I can tell you is that we had to punch out 9 circles, then layer the "petals" on a bigger circle and it's monochromatic with a blue embellishment. The card fits in these two challenges: Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe Challenge JOSTTT011 (I have gone across the bottom row) 


I love monochromatic cards and this was easy to create once we got the hang of folding the petals. Sue comes up with cards that stretch our minds!

The "Happy Retirement" is a stick on and I have no idea where the DSP came from but it was perfect for the flower. Since retirement is a cause for celebration, I'm entering my card in the Inkspirational Challenge #200 - Celebration. I think the design mimics the photo as well, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for another Makeover Monday. While you are still here, though, I'd love it if you would click on the "Follow" button to become a follower of my blog. TIA!

9 comments:

  1. Pretty! What a cool way to make a flower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful monochromatic card! Love how you made this flower out of folding circles of DSP... amazing! Thanks for participating in the #josttt011 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - it's a stunning card and I may just have to have a go at it. Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT011 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really stunning card! Love the bloom you have created! Thank you for taking part in our "Black, White + 1 Colour" challenge at Challenge Up Your Life! Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to feature this rosette! I like the black and white design choice. Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! this is such a great card! I love the folded flower! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...