Friday, September 27, 2019

Stampin' Up! Seasonal Layers Birthday Card

Today would have been my 50th wedding anniversary. Perry and I celebrated our 49th in Disney and I knew in my heart that it would be our last one. Today our daughter and I are keeping his memory alive by celebrating in Disney, his favorite place (with the exception of the Magic Kingdom!). Tomorrow she flies back to NY and I drive back home. We are having a wonderful vacation together.

My card today is another that we made at Sue's. She had all the card stock cut for us. All we had to do was  stamp the script with Crumb Cake on the Whisper White panel and then sponge around the masked leaf she had cut with a die from Seasonal Layers. We used Delightful Dijon, Lovely Lilac (which are both retired), Cajun Craze, and Old Olive inks to do that. 


I don't know what the ribbon is but I sure do like it.

The inside is a stamp from SU but Sue had it on a block and she wasn't sure what set it was from as it had been missing for awhile. She just found it that day in her bag. I am trying not to do that anymore! Are any of you guilty of that too? I have some on my Stamparatus that have been there awhile but they are beach themed so it narrows it down to three for me :-)


When I got home, I punched the corners with my Detailed Trio punch and adhered the mat to my card base.

Just Add Ink #476 has a spring photo for their inspiration, but, as you can see, I have picked autumnal.

Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. Love the card! And so happy that you and your daughter got to celebrate this bittersweet time together at Disney. I know it's been tough for you and am glad she's been there with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Tomorrow will be difficult as she has to leave at 6:30 AM :-(

      Delete
  2. Sending hugs your way! Glad that your daughter is there with you today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, using a great masking/sponging technique.
    Spending time with your Daughter in Disney is a fitting way to Celebrate your 50th Anniversary.
    Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you got to spend what would have been such a special milestone anniversary with your daughter at Disney - the happiest place in the world. I'm sure it was very difficult to say goodbye :(

    I love your card, with its beautiful autumn colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink. The sentiment you've used comes from the set Happy Birthday Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patrice, for such a great comment and for letting me know the stamp set!

      Delete
  5. How lovely you got to spend the day at Disney with your daughter to add some new if bittersweet memories. Stamping together is always good therapy, especially when we need some extra care. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Add Ink. It's a lovely one. I really like the masked effect over the script.
    All the best, Di

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...